IGNORED

2009 RT-P and a Hex EZ Can

KneeDrachen

KneeDrachen

Hoping the collective can help.  I have a HEX EZ CAN I would like to install, but it requires connection to the DWA (alarm) harness.  I am looking and do not think my bike is even equipped with the DWA harness.  I am going to look to see how to remove the metal plate in the radio box to see if it is buried in there.  If I do not have the DWA connector, is there another way to wire in accessories and choose between switched and constant on?

Thanks!

KneeDrachen

Found the 2 below items, not sure if either is the DWA/alarm connection in the cavity under the radio box shelf:

20190423_140937.jpg

20190423_140942.jpg

3 hours ago, KneeDrachen said:

Hoping the collective can help.  I have a HEX EZ CAN I would like to install, but it requires connection to the DWA (alarm) harness.  I am looking and do not think my bike is even equipped with the DWA harness.  I am going to look to see how to remove the metal plate in the radio box to see if it is buried in there.  If I do not have the DWA connector, is there another way to wire in accessories and choose between switched and constant on?

Thanks!

Afternoon  KneeDrachen

When it comes to RT-P (police bike) wiring then all bets are off as there were many differences depending what police department the bike was configured for &  what modifications were made during it's service life. The wiring on a police bike is usually test light & voltmeter affair to figure it out as wiring diagrams are darn difficult to come by due to all the variations.

The good news is that unlike the civilian versions there are usually 12v B+ & IGN-ON 12v B+ circuits all over those old police bikes.

If you are looking of a DWA connector then you are probably looking for (should be looking for) a connector with the below wire colors going to it. Seeing as the DWA was on the CAN (CanBus ) then an open DWA connector would have (should have anyhow) had an RFI resistor termination cap on it.     

green/white

red

brown

white/black

white/brown

• Thanks 1
KneeDrachen

Okay, I think the Schrader Electronics box is the TPMS, I have to check that plugged harness again for wire colors, but I think it has a green/yellow, not green white.

22 minutes ago, KneeDrachen said:

Okay, I think the Schrader Electronics box is the TPMS, I have to check that plugged harness again for wire colors, but I think it has a green/yellow, not green white.

Afternoon  KneeDrachen

Yes, the TPMS box is usually a Schrader.

KneeDrachen

Further digging, it is the TPMS and not the DWA as this bike does not have an alarm.  Colors match up as

green/white

red

brown

white/black

white/brown

Which would be the DWA.  I plugged the EZ CAN in to it and its supply wire and everything fits.  Didn't power up or anything, but if the shoe fits?

Are all CAN BUS connectors the same size/shape?

9 hours ago, KneeDrachen said:

Further digging, it is the TPMS and not the DWA as this bike does not have an alarm.  Colors match up as

green/white

red

brown

white/black

white/brown

Which would be the DWA.  I plugged the EZ CAN in to it and its supply wire and everything fits.  Didn't power up or anything, but if the shoe fits?

Are all CAN BUS connectors the same size/shape?

Morning KneeDrachen

No, they are not all the same as the CanBus wires (usually just 2) go in with other wires like power, ground, & control so the connector reflects the additional wires needed.

• Thanks 1