IGNORED

BMW Dictionary

Bill_Walker

Bill_Walker

Here's an interesting reference I just stumbled across: BMW Motorcycle Dictionary

There are a couple of things in there I differ with, but in general, it seems a good resource.  I would have posted this in the How To section, but it didn't fit into any of the categories.

• Like 1
Bill_Walker

And it says Rick Mayer seats is now Bill Mayer, but they're two different businesses.  Bill Mayer came first, and is now run by his son, Rocky, while Rick Mayer, Rocky's brother, had (or had?) his own seat business.

I've met Duane in person and ridden with him many times when I lived in N. Cal.  At the time I was riding a 1979 R100RT.  He really is a wealth of knowledge and a heck of a nice guy.

the picture is DonW on this forum, Duane in the middle, and me on my 79 RT.  I think Duane was telling me my forks needed stiffer springs.  Somewhere near Rio Vista Ca

don_duane_dave_at_lodi_airport_std.jpg

5 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

And it says Rick Mayer seats is now Bill Mayer, but they're two different businesses.  Bill Mayer came first, and is now run by his son, Rocky, while Rick Mayer, Rocky's brother, had (or had?) his own seat business.

Bill is no longer in Ojai, and in fact I think he's in ID.  He does still sell them tho in Ventura using his long time worker Adrian.  He's near the 126+101.

Bill_Walker
16 hours ago, longjohn said:

Bill is no longer in Ojai, and in fact I think he's in ID.  He does still sell them tho in Ventura using his long time worker Adrian.  He's near the 126+101.

Bill Mayer senior, I think, is dead.  Rocky (Bill Mayer III) runs Bill Mayer Saddles.  He moved to Ventura from Ojai a few years back, but I see from the web site he now has a second location in Nampa, ID.  Still, the map on the Contact Us page on the BMS web site shows the Ventura location.  I did a ride-in when he was in Ojai to get a seat for my V-Strom, but I've never been to the Ventura location.  I might need to change that, given that my 1200RT has the stock saddle.

Interestingly, Bill Mayer senior is actually the originator of the Russell Day Long saddle, per Our Story.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Bill Mayer senior, I think, is dead.  Rocky (Bill Mayer III) runs Bill Mayer Saddles.  He moved to Ventura from Ojai a few years back, but I see from the web site he now has a second location in Nampa, ID.  Still, the map on the Contact Us page on the BMS web site shows the Ventura location.  I did a ride-in when he was in Ojai to get a seat for my V-Strom, but I've never been to the Ventura location.  I might need to change that, given that my 1200RT has the stock saddle.

Interestingly, Bill Mayer senior is actually the originator of the Russell Day Long saddle, per Our Story.

101>Victoria>Valentine>Palma . They still take drive-ins if you call,  but the busy season is coming up.