Driving lights switch?

Stephen_Chase

Stephen_Chase

My R1100RT has the driving lites connected to the turn signal cancel switch. (Two taps up on that switch activates or shuts them off)). Is this a typical after market set-up?

My problem is that after replacing my tupperware the cancel switch won't perform that function. I have no idea where to look for the fix. Can anyone refer me to a diagram that can help? confused.gif

Thanks,

Stephen

Eckhard Grohe

I believe that you have an Autoswitch setup there. Do a search on that and also go the the Cycle gadgets web site for more info.

Global_Rider
My R1100RT has the driving lites connected to the turn signal cancel switch. (Two taps up on that switch activates or shuts them off)). Is this a typical after market set-up?

My problem is that after replacing my tupperware the cancel switch won't perform that function. I have no idea where to look for the fix. Can anyone refer me to a diagram that can help? confused.gif

Thanks,

Stephen

If it is an AutoSwitch , it doesn't take two taps of the turn signal cancel switch to toggle your DL on and off, but one long tap of 0.8 secoods or more.

Chances are you have the AutoSwitch AS-5NB model wired in. Go to the bottom of the page and download the installation instructions.

Stephen_Chase

Hi Alex & Eckhard,

You are correct, in checking I have two Autoswitch units: the AS-5NB and a AS-5NB2. They are mounted under the seat on the airbox. All wires are connected at those points.

I now need to check the fuse, if I can find it without taking the dash & tupperware apart. I believe am resigned to that fate & it's drizzle today, so....

Stephen

Stephen_Chase

A broken wire (white) was the problem. dopeslap.gif Simple enough fix except for having to remove tupperware.

Stephen

Archived