IGNORED

GS cases on an RT?

MBrockman5

I'm a big fan of the aluminum side and top cases on the GS's and was wondering if anyone has put/seen them on an RT.

My 07 RT came with the side and top cases, but I was just curious if it were (somewhat easily) possible to do the aluminum cases

15 minutes ago, MBrockman5 said:

I'm a big fan of the aluminum side and top cases on the GS's and was wondering if anyone has put/seen them on an RT.

My 07 RT came with the side and top cases, but I was just curious if it were (somewhat easily) possible to do the aluminum cases

Afternoon  MBrockman5

It's probably doable if you want to modify the GS brackets & attachments to work, or build your own mounting parts.

I saw a BMW 1100RT or 1150RT (can't remember which)  a couple of years  back with aftermarket aluminum panniers on it (they weren't BMW GS though). It looked kind of home built and the aluminum panniers looked sort or weird hanging out in space (didn't fit the lines of the bike). Unfortunately I didn't pay much attention to how they were mounted. It also didn't have a GS alloy top box as  it looked to be Pelican or something similar.