IGNORED

Global Warming?

RPG

This seems to happen every year in southern MI. There's hints of warm, sunny spring weather, with convertibles and motorcycles everywhere.

Then you get a day like yesterday with freezing rain, slow, sleet and you just want to put a gun to your head.  :(

I soooooo want to be riding every day!

I know this sounds a bit negative but.....If I lived anywhere in the midwest I would put a gun to my head.  Only kidding, I think.:classic_rolleyes:

The trade-offs for weather are affordable living.  What cost me $100,000 here would cost $1.1 million in the places that are warm year-round.  Saving that money means I can spend a week in warm weather during the cold months, and afford to ice riding during the really bad months.

Speaking of which, I need to figure out the whole ice thing for next year. 

• Like 1
On 4/16/2019 at 12:01 AM, JamesW said:

I know this sounds a bit negative but.....If I lived anywhere in the midwest I would put a gun to my head.  Only kidding, I think.:classic_rolleyes:

James, don't kneel down cowering in fear of the end of time when you see that bright light in the sky overhead up there on the Northwest, it is just a star called the Sun.  Kidding...the160 sunny days per year by you isn't that much less than the typical 180-200 in these parts

RPG, it was terrible this week.  After days of increasing temps into the mid 60's and enough rain to clear all the damn salt off the road, we got 4 inches of wet snow here and the salt trucks went out.  Now it is all melted and warming again but the salt is still on the roads so I woun't be riding anytime soon until the salt is washed off the roads.

2 hours ago, Paul De said:

James, don't kneel down cowering in fear of the end of time when you see that bright light in the sky overhead up there on the Northwest, it is just a star called the Sun.  Kidding...the160 sunny days per year by you isn't that much less than the typical 180-200 in these parts

lol..lol..You speak the truth.  Sun came out this afternoon and I couldn't see for squinting.  At least they don't use road salt in these parts, thank god.  Guess they are beginning some limited use on I5 and I84 in the Columbia Gorge and in Eastern Oregon on Cabbage Patch Hill just east of Pendleton. Nothing like in other parts of the country not even close.  

On 4/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, Paul De said:

RPG, it was terrible this week.  After days of increasing temps into the mid 60's and enough rain to clear all the damn salt off the road, we got 4 inches of wet snow here and the salt trucks went out.  Now it is all melted and warming again but the salt is still on the roads so I woun't be riding anytime soon until the salt is washed off the roads.

Snow melted the next day (Monday), rained that night. Salt was gone by Tuesday morning. At least in Racine and Waukesha Counties where I ride.