IGNORED

600 mi service 06 R1200RT

Albert

I had the 600 mile service done last night and the bill came to around $180 US (parts & labor). It didn't seem too bad to me but I'm just wondering if this is about the norm.

Thanks,

I am picking up my frauline today from her 600 mile service. Cost is 215 and change and that is before a 10% parts/service discount from the dealer for those who bought their bike there.

They've had her for two days - I cant wait to pick her up. clap.gif

Just out of curiosity, what maintenance items are specified for a hexhead 600-mile service? Does BMW still want the head bolts re-torqued or does it just consist of a fluid change and general inspection these days?

Seth, re-torque of the heads is still done on the 1200s as well as valve adjustment, oil change, T/B Sync and a bunch of other inspection type stuff(lower spark plugs brake fluid levels etc. check for codes with GT1). Only parts required are oil, filter and crush washer for the drail plug. Usually runs about $300 CDN

Just had my 600 mile service done today as I waited and it was FREE . Thanks Grass Roots clap.gif

Free?!?! Wow!

My 600 mi service was $225, and they found two nails in the rear tire, so I had that expense, too. Jeez. frown.gif

I'm glad they saw them, though. Tena and I left for a 1200 mile trip to Oregon the next day. In the rain. That'd be all we need: flat tire in the rain on the first day of the first real trip.

Hi John,

Just when I thought I got a great deal, you had to come along and post. grin.gif

Great pic from your trip but I have a question. What's the bar directly behind the passenger seat (in front of the top case)?

Thanks,

My 600 miles was free also. I didn't even need to ask, they threw it in with the bike.

Thanks to Bentonville BMW! clap.gif

Rob Lessen

Arma, KS

'73 Honda XL250

'91 R100GSPD

'96 R11RS (hers)

'05 R12RT

Great pic from your trip but I have a question. What's the bar directly behind the passenger seat (in front of the top case)?

Thanks,

You are looking at the mounting adapter for a Hepco & Becker top case. That bar mates to a protrusion on the case to provide stability. It should serve as a grab handle when the case is off the bike.

John

My 600 miles was free also. I didn't even need to ask, they threw it in with the bike.

Thanks to Bentonville BMW! clap.gif

Hey, me too! 600 mile service is next Friday, no charge, free, zip, nada!

clap.gif Hansen's Motorcycles - Medford, OR clap.gif

thumbsup.gif

I had my 600 done today for about $256us. The main thing is that I was able to really crack into on the way home. Man is this thing fun or what? The torque is awesome, it will lift the front tire 1-3 gear. I'm impressed for the weight. I love this bike, really! tongue.gif

--russ

Ride to be born!

Had the 600 performed on my ST yesterday. Bike had 935 miles on it. The price would have been $201 but it was thrown in with the deal on the bike.

One thing I noticed after the service is the bike does not idle as smoothly when cold. Once it warms up all is well.

James

Archived