IGNORED

Your seasoning of choice,.....

Rougarou

......since I know all of you are foodies.  If you haven't tried it, adds a nice little kick.

image.png.632421f1b36d49ec12c064e6585221ef.png

Goes along with having Tony's in the pantry as well.

image.png.02e903b855f7b362cdb775af0c218e6e.png

For one of my wife's birthday's, I got her 1000 packets for her to carry when we're out at the restaurante's

image.png.0a7c89705d81e59427cdb8b34de68fd5.png

• Like 1

McCormik's Spicy Montreal steak seasoning.  Goes on darn near anything:  Poultry, potatoes, eggs, salad....  But I'm no foodie.  Tony's creole, as you mentioned, is also an old standby.  I hadn't seen the packets before.  Good for camping.

Tony's is a staple at our house...Shrimp in a pan with a little butter, some Tony's, pasta with a mixture of fresh parmigiano reggiano cheese ( not canned crap) and romano of equal parts....smacking...  

For Beef...… sprinkle Fiesta Brand Uncle Chris's Steak season generously.  Cook over a mix of apple wood, pecan wood, and oak...

I will have to check SYMM out.

We tend to blend up our own based on fresh specific spices because so many of the blends are dominated by salt.

But one seasoning mix I cherish is irreplaceable.  A coworker went to attend a wedding back home in Ethiopia and brought back some of her Mamas personal Berbere seasoning.  It blows away Berbere seasoning I have purchased here in the States which just tends to be dominated by Cayenne.  Win the Chile competition with this seasoning as my coworker has something like five time in a row!

DA458F59-B1A1-4280-AF14-AE563F965443.thumb.jpeg.07435018673e3203019ede59e63757fd.jpeg

For store bought stuff.........

Johnny's Seasoning Salt works well on everything but ice cream.

Seattle Rhythm & Spice on chicken.  

Mostly I just mix up herbs and spices individually, grind em in a mortar, and sprinkle.

I love this stuff on low fat string cheese. Yum. And the only place I can find it is the 99 cent store. I buy 4 or 5 at a time. 

0B14AE06-6A29-488E-A538-1A25E4E7C480.png

Joe Frickin' Friday

Long's Peak Pork Chop Seasoning is pretty good stuff; I sprinkle it on eggs.   you can order it online at that link, but if you ever get a chance to visit the shop it comes from in Boulder, it's worth doing so.  They have a gazillion spices available, in pure form and in blends, including some really obscure stuff.  

Other than that...does ketchup count as a seasoning?

Image result for i put ketchup on my ketchup

szurszewski
54 minutes ago, elkroeger said:

I have had this in my Amazon cart for months.  Have not tried it (yet).

41QNF6rwarL.jpg

Ha! I saw that in a garlic shop in Gilroy, CA ("Garlic Capital of the World") last week...

4 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Other than that...does ketchup count as a seasoning?

Ketchup is considered a condiment, but I have no clue how that differs from a seasoning.  I had heard that ketchup was originally sold as a health elixir, but that could be an alternative fact.

But if you love Ketchup then at 90% confidense this bottle is sitting right next to your Heinz 57 bottle of Ketchup

siracha.jpg.44ad23bf6aab9ed1b4175cc5959b82e2.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday
4 hours ago, Paul De said:

But if you love Ketchup then at 90% confidense this bottle is sitting right next to your Heinz 57 bottle of Ketchup

siracha.jpg.44ad23bf6aab9ed1b4175cc5959b82e2.jpg

I'm in the minority.  There are a lot of people who absolutely love that stuff, but I'm not one of them.  

1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I'm in the minority.  There are a lot of people who absolutely love that stuff, but I'm not one of them. 

Because you get such a large bottle, a lot of folks overdo it.  The stuff is like Brylcreem tag line from the 60's, "a little dab'll will do you"

3 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I can’t eat at  Yoshinoya without a bottle of that on the table. Oh and some of that shredded ginger. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
bayoubengal

As a born and bred Louisianan my list is:

1) slap ya mama

2) Zatarans

3) Tony Chacheres

I like them all but prefer them in that order...

Hutch

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bayoubengal said:

1) slap ya mama

2) Zatarans

3) Tony Chacheres

Hutch

Wow, you all got me in some trouble.  I told my wife I wanted to try some Slap Ya Mama and she said she wasn't down with any of that kind of role play crap and that maybe I need to get some professional help!

11 hours ago, bayoubengal said:

1) slap ya mama

2) Zatarans

3) Tony Chacheres

Hutch

Now, I bet all those spices came in handy on the Polk Salad! :eat: :thumbsup:

<-------See the flag  ;);)

13 hours ago, bayoubengal said:

Hutch