IGNORED

Blue tooth Helmet

tonyla

You again??? ;);)

Actually, there's been a couple of threads. Most (all?) of the bluetooth setups are not available in the US at present.

Nolan (shipping in Italy), Schuberth (due out this quarter? EU only!)

Motorola has a unit to add to helmet, also Liberty? in the UK. Search the threads for bluetooth, there really are a couple around here somewhere.

wave.gif

You again??? ;);)

Actually, there's been a couple of threads. Most (all?) of the bluetooth setups are not available in the US at present.

Nolan (shipping in Italy), Schuberth (due out this quarter? EU only!)

Motorola has a unit to add to helmet, also Liberty? in the UK. Search the threads for bluetooth, there really are a couple around here somewhere.

Hey Woodie havet seen you in Colchetser yet

Tony

wave.gif

Sure. The BMW System 5, but you can't get it in the US!

confused.gif

Well, I am having nothing but problems with mine. Dn't get me wrong, they work GREAT! Until you ride with them in the rain. Mine got water in the electrics and shorted it. I brought it back to the dealer and they had NO idea what to do...who do they send it to? Who is responsible for fixing it? Blah blah blah. They finally swapped out the touchpad on it there at the shop and it works well now. My wife's on the other hand, decided to short from the rain on the volume controls on our way back from England. Had to ride with them turned off for the rest of the way home.

I am very happy with the capability of the helmets, but I am VERY unhappy with the craftsmanship of the electronics.

I am very happy with the capability of the helmets, but I am VERY unhappy with the craftsmanship of the electronics.

Well you get me into thinking now confused.gif . I was searching through the web for the best prices for two System 5 helmets (my wife's and mine) with the bluetooth installed..... and to tell you the truth they are too expensive for such problems you have experienced !!!!! Hope the problem has been fixed, or else you have to appoint the problem to the centrals, after all we are talking about 1000 euros equipment. By the way is there any site (european of course)with BMW helmets that you have been happy purchasing from??

wave.gif

FWIW, ADAC just did a test af flip up helmets and the BMW system 5 placed 4th overall, even though it did not score well on the impact test. dopeslap.gif

Attached is the results in .xls format. It's in German, but most of it is pretty easy to figure out.

670576-ADACHelmetTest.zip

Nick,

I got mine from my dealer that I purchased the bike from. They are very expensive and I did not expect any problems with them. I am going to write a letter of complaint to BMW and see what happens.

John Bentall
Sure. The BMW System 5, but you can't get it in the US!

confused.gif

Well, I am having nothing but problems with mine. Dn't get me wrong, they work GREAT! Until you ride with them in the rain. Mine got water in the electrics and shorted it. I brought it back to the dealer and they had NO idea what to do...who do they send it to? Who is responsible for fixing it? Blah blah blah. They finally swapped out the touchpad on it there at the shop and it works well now. My wife's on the other hand, decided to short from the rain on the volume controls on our way back from England. Had to ride with them turned off for the rest of the way home.

You are not alone!

Early adopters amongst the courier fraternity in England reported problems with this helmet in the rain - and it rains a lot as you know.

I am sticking with Autocom (in a System 4) for the time being!

Good luck with the refund.

Nick,

I got mine from my dealer that I purchased the bike from. They are very expensive and I did not expect any problems with them. I am going to write a letter of complaint to BMW and see what happens.

Good luck .... thumbsup.gif

Refund is the way they should arrange this problem crazy.gif

Seems that my purchase has to wait for the system 6 dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Archived