Where to get brake pads?

Pierce

Ok, I need new front pads for the 03 1150RT. I'm not looking for a drawn out discussion on what pads to get, the oem pads have saved my stupid fanny a couple of times. What I would like to know is, is there another place I can get pads for the bike for a cheaper price than the dealership. $169.00 for the set kinda hurts! Pierce

Joe Frickin' Friday
Ok, I need new front pads for the 03 1150RT. I'm not looking for a drawn out discussion on what pads to get, the oem pads have saved my stupid fanny a couple of times. What I would like to know is, is there another place I can get pads for the bike for a cheaper price than the dealership. $169.00 for the set kinda hurts! Pierce

You can get 20% off that if you go through Chicago BMW.

If you're willing to go non-OEM (say, EBC), check with any local cycle shop, and they'll be able to order a set for your bike from their suppliers for considerably less than OEM.

I have used EBC's on a couple RT's and get them from the BMW dealer and if he doesn't have them, sometimes the local Kawasaki shop has them or gets them in a hurry for me.

Others have mentioned EBC pads. You ahould consider them since they are every bit as good (or better) than the OEM ones. And far cheaper.

If you do go with EBC, go with their standard "organic" ones, not the sintered "HH" pads. The "HH" pads tend to squeal, are harder on the disk, and as far as I'm concerned are no better performing than the standard ones.

After using the standard EBC pads, I cannot see any reason why I would want to go back to the OEM ones.

Bob.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Does anyone have the Part number for the EBC's.

Go to their website and download their catalog; they list part #'s for just about every bike under the sun.

Joe Frickin' Friday
If you do go with EBC, go with their standard "organic" ones, not the sintered "HH" pads. The "HH" pads tend to squeal, are harder on the disk, and as far as I'm concerned are no better performing than the standard ones.

The HH's may be harder on the rotors. I don't know how long most peoples' rotors last, but I replaced my front rotors at about 100K miles because they were pretty much at the wear limit.

I've never had problems with squealing, and I prefer them because they are distinctly better than stock, i.e. less lever effort for a given deceleration. thumbsup.gif That last point may not be a big deal for people with servo-assisted brakes.

Thanks for the info guys. There are 2 other non BMW bike dealerships in my imediate area that I will check out. Cheers!!!! thumbsup.gif

No_Twilight
Does anyone have the Part number for the EBC's.

I just ordered them and remember the numbers for my RS are FA18 rear and FA246 front. --Jerry

Archived