IGNORED

Cee Bailey Sad

S.O.B.

Much to my dismay Cee Baileys no longer manufactures Windscreens.  When I bought from them years ago on my FJR- I liked that you could specify how much wider and how much taller you would like the windscreen to be.  I would like to get a wider windscreen for my 2014 GSA for when I go across country again.  I experienced some challenging winds riding through Nebraska and the Dakota's.  Thinking wider would be better.  Any recommendations?

thanks, Dan

They've been out of the bike business a long time. 

Look into National Cycle's V Stream line.

I sold Cee Bailey forever until the V Stream came out then found them to be of better quality and was much happier with the performance of them. 

They normally come in a couple sizes per bike. 

RandyShields

I have a ZTechnik V Stream on my GS, but it's taller, but not wider.  Also check out Werks, Puig, Givi, Secdem, CalSci and Aeroflow.

Had a ZTechnik on my 2006 for 10 years and it still looked great when I sold the bike.   Their shields really stand up well. 

PM  ”realshelby” on the board. He makes some fine windshields for the RT. Don’t know if he makes them for the GS. 

I've had Cee Baileys on multiple bikes over the years.  I wish I knew they were leaving the bike business because I would've bought an extra FJR windshield before they closed.  It's the only windshield that worked for me on the FJR.  Owner was a good dude too.  Airtire on this website.

18 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

PM  ”realshelby” on the board. He makes some fine windshields for the RT. Don’t know if he makes them for the GS. 

I don't have anything for the GS. Been playing around with the idea of making a Quiet Ride for the K 1600. My partner in these used to work for Cee Bailey. Not saying losing him was why they went out of business, but I do know they had to have missed him! Good people make the business. 

• Like 1
On 3/28/2019 at 9:09 AM, realshelby said:

Been playing around with the idea of making a Quiet Ride for the K 1600. 

Any progress on that front?

Yes, and no. I need to set aside some time to work on the CAD program. I think I know what will work, but need to draw it out. Then build a prototype, then find a bike to test it on!