IGNORED

Intercom/Cell phone question

RodB

Hello all,

I have everything installed and set up. My phone is connected to the intercom through the earphone jack, I set it to auto-answer (after 1 ring) and everything works fine except I don`t hear the phone ring. I'm riding along listening to my favorite tunes until I hear my wife yelling at me. Because she knows to start talking after 1 ring. I would prefer to hear the phone ring, mute the audio and answer normally.

My question is: Are there any phones available where you can hear the rings through the earphone jack?

Rod

I had the same problem with my Motorola 710 until I bought the small Bluetooth module (~$35 on ebay). Now my phone stays in my pocket and I can make voice activated calls and answer the phone with a simple button push on the Bluetooth module which I keep in the map pocket of my tank bag. I can now also hear the phone ring normally.

Hello all,

I have everything installed and set up. My phone is connected to the intercom through the earphone jack, I set it to auto-answer (after 1 ring) and everything works fine except I don`t hear the phone ring. I'm riding along listening to my favorite tunes until I hear my wife yelling at me. Because she knows to start talking after 1 ring. I would prefer to hear the phone ring, mute the audio and answer normally.

My question is: Are there any phones available where you can hear the rings through the earphone jack?

Rod

I have the Treo 650.. Mine rings in the headset... I heard there are some phones that do it.. I think LG's...

I had the same problem with my Motorola 710 until I bought the small Bluetooth module (~$35 on ebay). Now my phone stays in my pocket and I can make voice activated calls and answer the phone with a simple button push on the Bluetooth module which I keep in the map pocket of my tank bag. I can now also hear the phone ring normally.

I did the same only I use a Motorola Bluetooth F820..I think thats the part nummber...with my Razr,works great! My friends said its sounds clear with no wind noise, but they do say its kinda like talking with the lunar modual grin.gif

FYI - it is a Motorola HF820 that you are using. About $55 new at various dealers (do a Google search). Very nice and works well.

Jim

My Nokia rings throught the headset at which time I toggle a switch on the dash to start talking. Once when I was thinking about getting a new phone I asked the salesperson about which phones would ring through the headset. The salesperson got a headset and tried various phones. I seem to remember that all of the Nokia's that she tried would ring through the headset. There were some other brands that did not. Sorry but I don't remember which brands don't.

Archived