IGNORED

IMC Electronics motorcycle communicators???

Kbro

At the cycle world show in Atlanta, IMC Electronics had a booth and were selling their motorcycle communication devices. The IMC representative indicated that they and Baehr shared some of the same components. At $199 for a system that supports bike to bike, stereo music and a cell phone, this seems like a good buy. Does anyone have any knowledge of this company or products. More can be found at IMC Electronics

A Hyundai and a Toyota share some of the same components, too.

Get the Mercedes with the price and reliability of a Honda. Get an Autocom. We've been round and round on this board about intercom/comm systems. They all work to some degree. A few work pretty well. One has more features, more adjustability, more advanced technology, more expandability, more dealers, more customer support, and more value than all the others. Autocom.

IMC, Starcom, Chatterbox, etc. They're what you buy on your way to eventually owning an Autocom. It's up to you if you want to give them your money first, or just save that money and do it right and then not worry about it any more. Just enjoy it.

BTW, IMC? Seriously never heard of them.

Get the Mercedes with the price and reliability of a Honda. Get an Autocom. We've been round and round on this board about intercom/comm systems. They all work to some degree. A few work pretty well. One has more features, more adjustability, more advanced technology, more expandability, more dealers, more customer support, and more value than all the others. Autocom.

IMC, Starcom, Chatterbox, etc. They're what you buy on your way to eventually owning an Autocom. It's up to you if you want to give them your money first, or just save that money and do it right and then not worry about it any more. Just enjoy it.

I agree, I had the chatterbox and thought is the best ever for the price, then one day I installed the Autocom..its amazing how different the quality is. Not only that, Autocom has an excellent customer support...this was one of those situations "You get whats you pay for" for me. thumbsup.gif

Respect your opinion, but its a little bit over the top to put starcom in the same league as chatterbox...

Don't know anything about IMC either.

I agree, I had the chatterbox and thought is the best ever for the price, then one day I installed the Autocom..its amazing how different the quality is. Not only that, Autocom has an excellent customer support...this was one of those situations "You get whats you pay for" for me. thumbsup.gif

Same here, I was a long time user of the Collett, went to the Autocom, WOW!

well,I have to agree totally, they are something you own on your way to autocom.

used a pair of their (IMC) two-way radio's with integrated intercom etc.etc.

nifty stuff, but really poor range, no CTCSS and those horrible mini-din connectors to the headset's. that's the kinds that you plug in in a hurry to find you twisted the contacts...

furthermore, the integrated twoway radio was nice, stationary.. or up to about 35 mph.. above that, static all the way.

so these days, both bikes have autocom pro-7 installed, with kenwood's TK3201 attached. and what a difference.

now we can do 100 mph and still communicate clearly.

bottom line= save some money, buy the autocom first.

Paul_Burkett

Autocom is not cheap, but the old saying is "cry once". You can spend your money on this one and then on that one, but if you want to get a start on the right foot, get the Autocom from the start and you will soon realize why they are the com of choice.

If you guys have hashed this out before, far be it for me to disagree, I guess I’ve been on my way to an Autocom for about 5 years than. I have a cheaper Nady MRC (paid about $45, made in Berkeley so they're close by). Everyone I ride with has Autocom, and every one of them claim my radio comes through the clearest. The speakers are cheap, and the whole set-up is nothing more than a factory adapted family radio with aux. plug ports.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Autocom, but since I don’t listen to music or plug my phone in, this things works great. There is one complaint I hear from my friends though, when running music through the Autocom, the delay caused by receiving or transmitting (when the unit mutes the music) is about 4sec to long.

Slight hijack, but I have about a 20 second delay between when the GPS stops talking till the music starts and I can transmit/receive on my Kenwood. Is this the norm? I don't mind the music cutting out but when Kate wants to yell at me I can't hear her. Hmmm, on second thought..........

Archived