IGNORED

96 RT 1100 Knee Pad Reinstallation - adhesive

lazywizard

Texas heat finally flexed the kneepad and broke the seal to the fairing. I have tried cleaning it all with alchohol and used double sided tape for car interiors but the new shape of the kneepad is more than the grip of the tape. As the pads are up of $100 ea, is there a suggestion as to the correct adhesive? One that would grip well but come off without damaging the fairing? Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking that you need to completely remove the kneepad (and the old adhesive as well)....and reline it with the tape.

Pat

As a fellow texan I understand your question. A few years ago I restored a R60 with those rubber knee pads and used several different adhesives. None worked until a friend gave me some stuff he used in his electrical business. It is called E6000 Industrial Strenght adhesive. It is made by ECLECTIC PRODUCTS I dont know if they have a website but my friend works for a company called Ace Electronics in Houston Texas, they have a website but I dont know the address. I kept the old R60 for about 5 years after using the stuff and the pads never moved. The phone number for Ace Electronics is 713-688-8114 or 713-688-7550. Hope this helps. Ask for Craig Funni he is the manager of the place.

Archived