IGNORED

Speedo and tach removal 1100rt.

JMitchell

Purchased a used speedo and tach on EBay and had Palo Alto Speedo clean up.  Ready to install and have a question wether or not I need to remove the front faring to gain access or can I get my hands in well enough without having to remove.

I did a pretty good search but could not get a definitive answer.

thank you,

John

12 hours ago, JMitchell said:

Purchased a used speedo and tach on EBay and had Palo Alto Speedo clean up.  Ready to install and have a question wether or not I need to remove the front faring to gain access or can I get my hands in well enough without having to remove.

I did a pretty good search but could not get a definitive answer.

thank you,

John

Morning JMitchell

I'm not sure you will find a definitive answer to that question.

One thing to keep in mind is that most access the speedo/tac when they have the bike apart for some other reason. 

(IF) your speedo/tac has recently been removed, and (IF) you can remove enough clutter that is in your way to access that area,  and  (IF) you can work by feel, then you might be able to get to the speedometer cable &  nuts,  (but THEN you have to figure out how to get the old one out as the dash panel will still be in the way ).

This assumes the old unit WILL come out as most that have been in there for  a while will not just POP out as they are usually stuck in there pretty darn tight.   

Personally, I just remove the front plastics & windshield as that (to me) is quicker/safer than fooling around trying to cheat the procedure & still not being able to get it out.  (you have all that money into the refurbished unit, how would you feel if you scratched it up, or ruined it trying to save some labor).

Time wise it is probably quicker (& definitely safer)  to just  remove the plastics to begin with.

1100RT IP cluster removal.JPG

• Like 1