IGNORED

LED Turn Signals Installed

Pappy35

Finally got around to installing LED turn signal bulbs. I sourced these from a vendor in China and, as advertised, they are plug and play, no resistor needed, no hyper-flashing, and no CANBUS errors. They are very bright and seem to work in the reflector housing just as well as the OEM incandescent bulbs did. 

Note: check your bulb mounts before ordering. On my 2013 RT the fronts and rears are not 180 degrees apart, they are offset (whatever that's called I don't recall). The rear mounts are metal and the bulbs went right in despite this. The fronts though are plastic and they didn't just pop in like the rears did. I found it was possible to insert them in the front plug and they will twist and lock in place and work (I channeled my inner gorilla-mechanic and used a pair of pliers) but I did have a moment of panic. If you buy these, buyer beware. They may make one that has the correct offset tabs and this link is NOT to one of those.

LED vs. OEM Test

Both LEDs Bulbs Installed

Both Fronts

No CANBUS Errors

E-Bay Listing

Yes, works great. I did the same on my 2012rt. Identical set up as yours. So far I'm trouble free. Now if I can find a way to do the tail/brake lights without installing resistors or other add on canbus free modules. 

I'll be doing ADVMonster LED headlights in the next couple of days plus those little running lights on the corner of the headlight housing.

52 minutes ago, 6speedTi said:

Yes, works great. I did the same on my 2012rt. Identical set up as yours. So far I'm trouble free. Now if I can find a way to do the tail/brake lights without installing resistors or other add on canbus free modules. 

I'm OK with the regular brake lights as I'm going to be installing Denali Dual B6 brake lights if they ever come back into stock.