IGNORED

Saturday ride in rural Italy

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Well, this is what we changed the forum for..... Posting pics while we ride. So here's one LIVE from the medieval town of Bevagna.... 

15521436438793403705572756748590.jpg

• Like 3

Francois, when the weather warms you should check out this. Via Angelo Feltrinelli 77-5 

It looks so worthy, and, back in 94 I rode right by it. :( GiddyHopefulAmurstarfish-size_restricted

Maybe this one? :dontknow:

If this one doesn't work I'm firing myself! :rofl:

Dang, I'm out.

The Hail Mary

https://www.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&ll=41.87194,12.56738&z=6&ftid=0x12d4fe82448dd203:0xe22cf55c24635e6f&q=Italy

The attempt was for Via Angelo Feltrinelli 77-5 

Francois_Dumas

The old paper mill? Been there twice already. Once a year there is a medieval week in Bevagna, with everybody dressed for the occasion, all of the historic center filled with old trades and artisans..... Very worthy indeed. 

A bit north of Bevagna on the west side of Lake Garda there's a small town / village called Gargnano. The road that shoots away from the lake at that point is cut through rock and appears to follow a river. Looks like a spectacular motorbike road. :thumbsup: Like I said but in a little more detail, our tour guide back in 94 told us to circle the lake on our off day but, forgot to mention this little gem. I think I later saw this road in some of their brochures. 

Maybe the road is called SP9? It's all foreign to me. :grin:

Nice, but I will need to call on my longtime gone Great Grandmother to read it to me though. :classic_biggrin:

Edit...actually that wouldn't of helped much, she spoke no English that I was aware of.:dontknow:

• Haha 1

Laura and I hope to do a ride in Italy, possibly '20 or '21.    We did  coach trip in 2013 that covered Rome, Assisi, Florence, and a quick stop in Sienna.  Absolutely loved it.

The fact about going back is a given, it is just a matter of when.  Doing the trip on 2 wheels would be most desired.  :revit:

• Like 1
Francois_Dumas

If you need tips on traveling Italy, let me know. We live here now permanently  and criss-crossed the country since 2008 on 2 wheels and on 4. 😊😊