IGNORED

Who We Are

Kinsley

Who We Are  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I put together a Poll to find out more about who we are as a group. Why we came here to begin with, what keeps us coming back, and hopefully to find clues as to how we can continue in a way that is inviting to new riders or old riders who may not know of us.

• Like 1
szurszewski

Fun!

It would be nice to be able to select more than one options for 4, and you need an option for 8 that says “They did attend” - or change the question to say “did you invite someone who then did not come” or something like that. 

• Like 1

If you select "Other" for question 8 I would like to know the reason if you don't mind sharing. This is probably the most important answer to help with possible misconceptions about BMWST.

How many of us know people who have attended and it was not what they had expected?

I put other because I invited my buddy Mitch to the Little Switzerland UN and he went to it. He plans on being at the Lake George UN also. Why he hasn't joined up, don't know. :dontknow: 

2 hours ago, Twisties said:

2 and 4 need need multiple response options, plus "other."

Thanks

I could understand Other on both, but I'm looking for the original reason on 2 and the reasons listed should cover most people. Multiple responses could have been an option for 4.

• Like 1
Bill_Walker
4 hours ago, Kinsley said:

If you select "Other" for question 8 I would like to know the reason if you don't mind sharing.

The question doesn't allow any answer but "Other" if you invited somebody and they DID attend.

I chose "other" on #8 because my friend didn't want to ride slow "with a bunch of old guys on BMWs". :old:

I tried to convince him otherwise, but he wouldn't listen. Probably the wrong type for this group... 

Then again, I remember a youngster joining us for a ride up to Oakhurst. He was raring to go, and wanted to ride with  the "fast group" out front. Wasn't long before he decided the 'Moderate" group was a better fit...  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

The idea is to find out why people did not attend rather than why they did.

I would suspect the reason for not attending is rather singular where someone that does attend may be because of a particular friend or other reason which over comes an objection they may have thought of.

2 hours ago, Groanup said:

I chose "other" on #8 because my friend didn't want to ride slow "with a bunch of old guys on BMWs". :old:

I tried to convince him otherwise, but he wouldn't listen. Probably the wrong type for this group... 

Then again, I remember a youngster joining us for a ride up to Oakhurst. He was raring to go, and wanted to ride with  the "fast group" out front. Wasn't long before he decided the 'Moderate" group was a better fit...  :classic_biggrin:

I should have had an option for "Doesn't want to ride with Geezers" Of course, they usually get surprised by how quick the old guys can be :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I originally joined because I heard about it from the guy from whom I purchased my RT. He said it was a great place to gain info about the bike and support if needed.  Also, as I had hoped to do more distance riding than it has ended up I was looking for tips and tricks to touring.  As to why I put other in the rally question, work.  Getting the time off along with family time off (vacations and work around the house, etc.) is challenging.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sonor said:

I originally joined because I heard about it from the guy from whom I purchased my RT. He said it was a great place to gain info about the bike and support if needed.  Also, as I had hoped to do more distance riding than it has ended up I was looking for tips and tricks to touring.  As to why I put other in the rally question, work.  Getting the time off along with family time off (vacations and work around the house, etc.) is challenging.

Sonor, thank you for taking the poll and your explanations. We do hope you can join us in the mountains for START or FART sometime. Some people make it a week long trip, others pop in for one or two nights. We've got "Lifers" and first timers in the mix so just introduce yourself and participate as much or little as you like...we're very informal.

• Like 1

Ken - I sure like your survey's, however, I am not sure how well constructed the survey's are that you will ever be able to figure out the strange, but wonderful group of BMWST people!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

First BMW buy?

Before 1999??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

:facepalm:

:old:

I'm certain others are waay earlier, but I'll set the bar, loooooww.

1968 first BMW

1 minute ago, tallman said:

1968 first BMW

68, heck I just got past peeing the bed. :dontknow: Oh ok, there may have been a slip up or two. :facepalm: :grin:

• Like 1
On 3/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, tallman said:

First BMW buy?

Before 1999??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

:facepalm:

:old:

I'm certain others are waay earlier, but I'll set the bar, loooooww.

1968 first BMW

Yes, I knew many owned a BMW earlier, but I was really just wanting to know who owned one before BMWSportTouring began.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sooooo .....to summarize

We are old.

We like to gather and lie but not with people we see everyday cause they know we are lying.

We all bought 1100/1150 or bricks at one time or another and didn't learn a thing. (I still have an 1150)

I love all of ya!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That is us in a nutshell.

Old pharts, ride, eat and lie.:thumbsup:

PS I'm also riding an Oilhead. 2003 R 1150 R(T Lite) as Paul M called them.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

87 people have taken the poll and this is what I take from it.

It looks like most of us were in our 40's, or maybe early 50's when we joined and we joined for reasons other than meeting fellow BMW riders, but we now come to this site for exactly that...we're making friends.

Sadly, we know other riders who are not members but we don't invite them to our events.

• 4 weeks later...

When I held my BB&B events, I did so to share knowledge of mechanical processes with the group as well as share our military training with those of you that had no idea of what we did/do.  The fellowship over those weekends was incredible and friendships were established that will last a lifetime. I hope to get back to that, or something similar in the upcoming years when I return to the US. 

Great poll Ken!  

• Like 2