IGNORED

Nearly Seattle to actually San Diego, sort of next week - on an R9T

szurszewski

Sorry - it works better as a “live” photo where you can see me rotating the peg/plate around. One of the bolts holding the peg assembly “left” and as I was getting up to speed on the freeway my right foot sort of gradually moved down. It was a weird sensation. All fixed up now - found a few more loose bolts too :)  

• Like 1
szurszewski

All packed up and ready to roll north from the Bay Area in the morning. I was going to stay another day to play, but it looks like rain all day Monday, so....

Missing a bolt?

Sorry,  posted that before reading the response.  A little late to the game.

Carry on.......

szurszewski
8 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Missing a bolt?

Sorry,  posted that before reading the response.  A little late to the game.

Carry on.......

I don’t miss it all (since its partner was bent and threads were buggered, I’m glad it’s gone and replaced with new!), but yes that was it. 

Doing my best to carry on - just south of Ft Bragg and heading up 1 until it runs back into 101. 

6B8225AF-7CA3-448A-99B6-46440B944D69.jpeg

szurszewski

Almost back...

85170E6A-3CEF-4105-8B02-0FAEA1858D9B.thumb.jpeg.1c8d39afbf0d9c3472361fe4b6ada0c0.jpegBC1776CE-650D-4855-BDAB-BB79381506B7.thumb.jpeg.e670308d0452341772022d27d531dd7f.jpeg

Same spot, different bike - almost exactly (to the hour!) a week apart. 

Planning to head out early - probably a ten hour day. At least it won’t be raining. 

BF998219-D26D-4ABE-BCF3-182EA8FC513F.thumb.png.e6515cbc3995193551e6f9357815d5ac.png

Oh. 

• Like 3
szurszewski

Radar makes it look like it’s not raining where I am right now. That’s an illusion; definitely raining. 767033D1-5E79-4BAF-9FAA-BD38D0848842.thumb.png.d739afe4b7d012c81265e8eab0f6b748.png

szurszewski

I’d like to thank my pinlock insert and the second hand heated jacket I scored on ADV a couple weeks ago for making today possible. Nine riding hours in a ten hour period staring just after six am. I think there may have been five minutes of almost no rain just south of Portland. Eight point five of the remaining riding hours were constant solid but sort of light rain, and the last twenty minutes were darn heavy. 

40397602-545F-40D0-B5A9-A484E55CB36C.thumb.jpeg.6afd07942e98d499b48753fe9adc5b8e.jpeg

• Like 2
szurszewski

Yes - I think that will prove to be true! I could have - maybe should have - just stayed in Brookings yesterday and finished today. I dont have a good reason for not doing that since I didn’t really need to be home until tonight (well, noon tomorrow really), but I didn’t have anything I wanted to do in Brookings (great hiking around there, but if I was going to be out in the wet I might as well be riding...) and the friends whose house I was staying at were out of town so I wouldn’t have had anyone to talk to even :)

I

Didn't see you headed north yesterday.  Got stopped for quite a while north of Lincoln City in the afternoon on 101.  

Oh.  Ling cod good ......  

No rain today. 

Mike Cassidy

20190326_193752.jpg

20190326_184117.jpg

• Like 2
szurszewski
3 hours ago, KneeDrachen said:

This whole time I've been wondering "when does the doohickey get mentioned?" but alas, twas not to happen!

It's funny you say that. I have spent enough time browsing bikes in the ADV fleamarket, etc., to be familiar with that term as something people add/do to KLRs, but that's it. I think it was sometime on Monday as I was riding through the rain, on I5, with no music (don't have speakers in the helmet I took and didn't want to wear the Bose earphones I took because it was so wet) my mind wandered to that. Something like, hey - I wonder if this bike has the doohickey; I wonder what the doohickey is; I sure hope the next couple hundred miles aren't the point where whatever the doohickey keeps from breaking/going bad/being awful decides to break/go bad/be awful....

• Like 1

Here's a bit of trivia for you:  That STP fuel additive - STP was once part of the Studebaker Corporation.  As was Onan (generators).

Glad you made it back without any real hiccups.  Sounds like quite a trip!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
szurszewski

It was quite a trip - and rather than going back and updating this with fun bits from the second half, I just went ahead and started a ride report over here:

It's taking a bit to type, so it's not all there yet, but I'm trying to do at least a day or so each day - should be all finished soon :)

• Like 1