IGNORED

Nearly Seattle to actually San Diego, sort of next week - on an R9T

szurszewski

About a month ago I came into possession of this charming little scooter. 

IMG_6431.thumb.jpg.91d51b8422717df13932708840f3a949.jpg

It was hiding in a garage in Seattle but belongs to a rider in Hawaii, and he asked for some help getting it there. For reasons I don't really understand, that requires it to go to San Diego. Logically a shipping a company would be the most efficient and cost-effective way to get it there, but that wouldn't be much fun so I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and ride it down.

Or I was thinking that, until this happened:

IMG_6540.thumb.jpg.ecdf8771987781537330e011b95f1f38.jpg

(Australian Shepherd added for scale)

Definitely not rideable on those tires, and too long (or I'm too lazy?) to shovel, so plans were put on hold. 

By last week though it looked more like this:

IMG_6632.thumb.jpg.6cf2b5f9c514ee1991a698e9ba93c2af.jpg

So, yesterday I took a test ride on the R9T - made it out of the driveway fine, but does lack a little in the weather protection department; despite that, and the 19F morning temp, I made it to work ok and the bike is running great (the ride home at 45F was a little more pleasant...), so sometime around St. Patrick's Day I'm planning to do this:

442098590_ScreenShot2019-03-06at9_12_08PM.png.ca6d014ff6f0a27e0c7c8569ad9b46cd.png

I don't have any particular stops in mind - the cities marked on there are just approximate somewhat non-evenly divided mileage points - and I don't really have intentions on doing anything touristy other than riding. I figure with all the wintery weather we've been getting some of you might be bored and want to follow along, and I also figured this would be a fun way to test out the new board software, so I'm planning to post up some pics along the way (since that's FINALLY easy to do!). 

If you've got any great suggestions for food along the way let me know - I DO plan to eat along the way. 

• Like 1

My memory of the city with the big hills (oh yeah, San Francisco) (yup that's how it works sometimes :grin:) keeps me thinking of the Buffalo Stew at https://tommysjoynt.com/gallery-1 (and a visit to firehouse #9 but that's another story)

A picture of the Bay, Bike & Bridge from Hawk Hill will get you extra points. ;)

How do they say it over at ADVR...Subscribed! :grin:

While traveling thru Brookings last year, friends recommended we stop at "Superfly".  Pretty good. I had their tomato soup and grilled cheese sand. The slices of bread were about 8" across. They also make their own potato vodka that is pretty good. Bought a couple bottles at a store just over the border in CA. Mucho cheaper than in OR. :18:

If you need a place to overnight, feel free to stop at my place - just give me a "heads up".    tjanderson5@comcast.net

szurszewski
13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

My memory of the city with the big hills (oh yeah, San Francisco) (yup that's how it works sometimes :grin:) keeps me thinking of the Buffalo Stew at https://tommysjoynt.com/gallery-1 (and a visit to firehouse #9 but that's another story)

A picture of the Bay, Bike & Bridge from Hawk Hill will get you extra points. ;)

How do they say it over at ADVR...Subscribed! :grin:

Oh man - Tommy's ...mmm... brisket....corned beef....

Though I've been to San Francisco many times, and eaten my share of Tommy's meat, I admit to not knowing what Hawk Hill is - I'll have to break out the google on that one. Since I'm going to be there mid week I'll probably try to get in late and leave early or something like that, so I don't know about pics....and sadly probably won't eat in the city - but I WILL file the suggestion for next time :eat:

12 hours ago, KTM Doug said:

While traveling thru Brookings last year, friends recommended we stop at "Superfly".  Pretty good. I had their tomato soup and grilled cheese sand. The slices of bread were about 8" across. They also make their own potato vodka that is pretty good. Bought a couple bottles at a store just over the border in CA. Mucho cheaper than in OR. :18:

I should probably stop in and check my post box in Brookings - sounds like a good time to get a sandwich too - I've not been to Superfly... thanks!

48 minutes ago, Traveler1 said:

If you need a place to overnight, feel free to stop at my place - just give me a "heads up".    tjanderson5@comcast.net

I think there's a very good chance I'll take you up on that offer - either north or south - thanks! In any case I'll send you an email to check in when I get some more things figured out. 

It probably has a more official name but looking on google maps, Hawk Hill is about the spot I got my bike bridge picture way back in 04. Guess I should figure out a way to update it, and taste the food at Tommy's again. :thumbsup:

golden-gate-bridge-view-hawk-hill.jpg

Edit...

Just to make sure it really happened.:D

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sorry Josh we're on babysitting duty that week down in Ben Lomond.  Have safe travels and maybe we can catch you next time.

• Thanks 1
szurszewski

No call for apology! Hopefully next time I’m coming through the rest of the family will be with me as well, and we’ll be on a more leisurely schedule. :)

szurszewski

All packed and ready to go. Probably leaving Sunday morning, but the next 48 hours are going to be packed full of fun. 

78DA080D-B4A8-4B67-859F-7BC339DAB902.thumb.jpeg.105dfc87cd12230d58db774b253e2517.jpeg

That bag has everything I’m taking except my outer layer of gear,  (Oh, and my can of plexus! ...and maybe a water bottle) so it will actually be less full when I head out. 

As a counter point, here’s everything we had in the sidecar rig the last day on the road:

B04D5DD2-1434-4B6A-9688-A99F432D48DF.thumb.jpeg.02d19b8050c960ea2809bcfc60cc63d5.jpeg

...I don’t want to say it was mostly Laura’s...but....I mean, that’s definitely HER final drive in there....

szurszewski

When I started planning this jaunt I was pretty sure my “heading out” pic would look like this 

5143CF9E-8877-4417-8B27-86E550B60B6F.thumb.jpeg.afce8186d7c05b8ec4902033d3ffb9a1.jpeg

but the snow snow finally started melting in earnest a couple of days ago, and now it’s almost gone. 

27D8D400-1C7E-4FF3-97E5-20D0E019327E.thumb.jpeg.553d7f9cd67762db7717b920a630f894.jpeg

It was about 35F at 6:30 this morning but clear and still. The sunrise was gorgeous, as it usually is when it’s clear enough to see it, and had a great first few hours riding from Olympia crossing from 101 North to 101 South via WA 8. There was just enough fog to let me know I was on the Olympic Pennisula.

9DDF32CA-FAB9-4851-B69B-3CA6591F5416.thumb.jpeg.75640c2dca045ef5b236dc63d5c385dc.jpeg

A quick coffee stop under the massive Astoria bridge, and I’ll see how much farther south I can make it today. I’m hoping for lunch in Yachats and a visit with friends in Brookings tonight. The bike is running perfectly (did I mention that it only has about 1500 miles on it???) - we’ll see if my back and butt can keep up. 

• Like 2

"Lunch in Yachats"......I assume Luna Sea?  Be there in 8 days (but not on the bike). 

Looking at Steve Carr's pictures you may be running into some sand on 101 from this winter (but I guess you already had to contend with that in Washington).  And your diversion between Gold Beach & Brookings.  Say hello to the everyone in Brookings! 

Mike Cassidy 

szurszewski
45 minutes ago, MikeRC said:

Hope that was Pacific halibut :eat: 

Mike Cassidy

Certainly not - ling cod!

Halibut is a fine fish but not my favorite for battering and frying. 

szurszewski

Made about 450 miles today - a great to ride (almost) all of the Oregon coast (which is my favorite coast - apologies to my home state!); excellent weather and not much traffic. @JamesW probably won’t believe it, but not one rv tried to run me off the road - heck, I didn’t even get stuck behind one!

I didn’t stop to take many pics - only one really - but here’s that one and two I snapped while stopped for non pic purposes. That’s nehalem Bay, Whale’s Head and a sunset view that’s been better captured and posted here more than once already. 

7B206216-305B-449C-B2FC-A1A11FD76F1D.thumb.jpeg.dfe18713f5a6be471392373cfc2c1a08.jpeg1366F753-BCB2-4E59-9143-480B326BE05E.thumb.jpeg.518b0f270e5a24f4ed433d9593a6fd77.jpeg5D379B60-90A1-413D-9E44-97246A9BB8F7.thumb.jpeg.6938af6ce12cad1ec6f139f9734b1fe5.jpeg

Was treated to a corned beef and cabbage dinner - very appropriate- by a lovely couple foolish enough to let me back into their home (last time I was invited for a couple of days and it was a good week before they got rid of me!) and even got to see a classic film - Murder on the Orient Express (well, I saw most of it - I may have been a bit sleepy after being in the saddle from 6:30-6:30). Fantastic day. 

Plans to drop off bike one and collect bike two are still a bit vague but coming together. If all goes well tomorrow I’ll be imposing on another bmwster, and maybe doing a little birthday shopping for Mrs. Szurszewski along the way. 

• Like 5
22 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Certainly not - ling cod!

Halibut is a fine fish but not my favorite for battering and frying. 

Got it!   Usually order the halibut grilled and not fried :)   If no halibut then ling cod it is! 

szurszewski
46 minutes ago, MikeRC said:

Got it!   Usually order the halibut grilled and not fried :)   If no halibut then ling cod it is! 

I suppose that’s ok then. Here’s another reason, at Luna Sea or anywhere on in the Oregon/Washington coast (and especially on the Salish Sea/Puget Sound) to get the ling cod over the halibut: the cod could very well have come from the local waters (Luna sea’s does - or so they say), and the halibut maybe not. 

If you can get a very fresh piece of halibut, my favorite thing to do is crush a bunch of ritz crackers in melted butter, slather a big chunk of halibut (at least an inch thick - nearly two is better) with that, and then put it under the broiler long enough to turn the buttery crumbs into a crust - but not nearly long enough to dry out the meat. Yum. 

• Like 1
szurszewski

A little under 400 miles today. The weather was exactly the weather that makes everyone want to move to California - pleasantly cool in the morning moving in to pleasantly warm for the rest of the day. I was going to take 1 for at least part of the day, but I dawdled more than planned and so stuck to 101 for all but the last few miles. For the most part though it’s still a fun ride, and just south of where 1 splits off, 101 has some great sweeping turns up into and back down from the hills. 

Until I got to Santa Rosa I usually had the highway to myself, or at least only had to share with a few friendly cars trucks and bikes. Fantastic. 

Lots of riding and very few pictures. Here’s (literally) all I’ve got:

A near tragedy at my first rest stop - I was too busy watching for spinning turtle shells and almost ended up flat on my back as a result!

13F93A53-AF25-49D3-9397-4274A544858E.thumb.jpeg.cfbf17a85172339e031fd011c0025c0f.jpeg

You can tell you’re in CA because every strip mall has a GOOD taco place. Carnitas, lengua and lime agua fresca for lunch. Yum. 

4B76342C-6213-4AC5-9447-BE86C18396DF.thumb.jpeg.cd9c6e7d1ac732559342962b154e1279.jpeg

An old friend!

F3D0206B-7A9F-40B8-A20F-3C9AC2B64231.thumb.jpeg.89127826b8beff07884b5d7f1e4eb28f.jpeg

And a few new friends for the R9T

821FFA3B-E371-4A44-8EBF-44F033D1C50B.thumb.jpeg.a48c254be2f9c0d0316c4b474eae0c23.jpeg

You know how they say you shouldn’t feed a stray because then it will just keep coming around? No? Hmm. You must have that in common with a lot of other bmwsters, because two nights in a row now I’ve been practically forced into eating delicious dinners and having engaging conversation. Foolish on the part of my hosts but a boon to me. :)

Tomorrow, and I swear I’m not making any of this up, I’m planning to visit an ADV couple I’ve only met briefly -at a gas station in a tiny Nevada desert town; they asked if I’d be there early enough for dinner, and if I had “any dietary restrictions, or if [they could] just throw a hunk of raw meat in the guest room.”

I don’t know if that was a serious question, but I guess I win either way. ;)

1 hour ago, szurszewski said:

halibut: ritz crackers in melted butter,

Josh, 

Sounds like the trip is going well all-around.  I don't think I've had halibut with ritz/butter, but planning to soon.  I caught a lot of halibut last year (near Homer), and still have a few steaks left.  I'll try it that way.  A restaurant here in Anchorage (Humpy's) serves a char-broiled halibut burger that's excellent.  But the price now is up to $20, with sides.

Enjoy the ride.

szurszewski

Trip is going great - remember when I said I was sure it wouldn’t be warm or dry? Well, so far ... dry except the fog banks and yesterday afternoon made it all the way to warm. Amusingly it looks like I’ll get rained on tomorrow though - going through the LA basin of all places!

I’ve not tried it with frozen halibut - so if you don’t like it, well, that’s my excuse!

szurszewski

Everything they say about Highway 1 is true. The pavement is often chunky, there are rubbernecking tourists everywhere, you’ll probably spend more time crawling behind RVs than carving through curves, the curves you do carve tend to have drifts of sand, gravel and rocks strewn across them, there are almost constant chances to plunge hundreds of feet to a salty death because guardrails are scarce, there’s no place to stop for gas and hardly anywhere to get a decent meal even though you’re paying big city prices. Oh, and the view is terrible. Seriously. Take 101 instead. Or, better, I-5. Yep.  

I definitely will not be riding back up 1 on my way north in a few days. Nope.  Particularly not the section between Morro Bay and Monterey. Definitely not. 

78A01DBE-A3AF-44E6-BEEA-F28571270BAC.thumb.jpeg.274d0faf756696fe5fb98c2365d151d3.jpeg

;)

• Haha 1
On 3/15/2019 at 1:39 AM, szurszewski said:

As a counter point, here’s everything we had in the sidecar rig the last day on the road:

B04D5DD2-1434-4B6A-9688-A99F432D48DF.thumb.jpeg.02d19b8050c960ea2809bcfc60cc63d5.jpeg

...I don’t want to say it was mostly Laura’s...but....I mean, that’s definitely HER final drive in there....

Wow!!!!! The wife and I didn't pack that much stuff for a two week Europe trip!!!!

szurszewski
1 hour ago, Living the Dream said:

Wow!!!!! The wife and I didn't pack that much stuff for a two week Europe trip!!!!

...well....there’s a lot of stuff in there we picked up along the way. Like...let me see....hatchet....grease gun....useless Tinitell....uh....oh: the final drive in the USPS box. Yeah. Lots. (Also lots of stuff missing from the initial packing because we shipped it to our storage unit.)

To be fair, there were five of us, including the dogs (though they are light packers to be sure), and we were out for a few more than two weeks.... but I still say it was mostly Laura’s. (But don’t tell her, ok?)

szurszewski
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Glad to see the wink. :grin:

Glad you noticed. Other than the bits about food and fuel (I did see a few gas options and I didn’t try ALL the food, so I don’t really know) it’s all true - plus I forgot about the landslides and construction! - but I had a great time. Started the day crossing the Golden Gate Bridge into the sunrise, lane split my way through San Francisco (not a normal thing for me - hoped for awhile I’d be passed by a motorcyclist who knew what they were doing to follow, but I guess I wasn’t patient enough), and then also through the edge of San Jose, enjoyed a coffee and the delightfully oppressive garlic aroma of Gilroy ... -and then the coast! 

• Like 1
szurszewski

Hmmm. I don’t actually know how many miles I went today. I believe it was not all that many - 250 or so? - but I had the brilliant plan to ride another section of the Pacific Coast Highway. The section that goes along the salty edge of Los Angeles. The ADV couple I stayed with last night sagely intoned, that’s a lot of stop lights... Quality understatement there!

I stopped at the closest thing I could find to a local funky coffee shop in Malibu for breakfast. Crazy long wait with a lot of people in yoga pants, Sorrels and ankle-length winter coats wondering aloud when there nitro cascara cloud foam lattes would be ready, but oddly no restrooms. 

873DEE3A-56EB-474A-A76B-F1B977D57E56.thumb.jpeg.0b32fc6b1d15cdf1919783e9df5ce8a0.jpeg

I’ve seen a few different versions of this same shop in CA, but I doubt they’ll catch on. 

Fortunately, the fine folks at the California Visitor’s Bureau (motto: California - where all your new neighbors used to live before it got too crowded) had me covered. If you leave the door open the view is great - well, if you’re the one looking out anyway. 

46EF25A2-AFE2-402F-84FE-993AF931E4F3.thumb.jpeg.11f83282dcaba3a5fd2aae58d8e35c27.jpeg

I think, even filtering through traffic, I maybe averaged 20mph along PCH, but I persevered and made it all the way to Dana Point. And then I gave up and got onto the five (hey - look at me sounding local!), and that was a mistake because I immediately caught up with all the rain clouds I’d been eyeing the last three hours. (Yep - three.) And yes, I rode all the way from the PNW, at probably the rainiest time of year, only to get wet crossing the edge of the LA basin. You know, where they measure the annual rainfall feet instead of inches. Well, just one foot I guess. 

Anyway, it wasn’t that bad. 

79160ACF-02F0-43D2-976E-38460D0819D9.thumb.jpeg.c5178cfb930c1c8ca1bff34cccb55f03.jpeg

Oh wait - that’s where I was. This is where I needed to go:

9A34697C-A1C0-4CFF-ABCB-6BEA5A555CF2.thumb.jpeg.308ea86ab230fc78a2f9c52fee8db7f2.jpeg

Really though it was fine. I pulled off the freeway for twenty minutes to have healthy Cheetos and Snickers snack, and to let the pavement clear a bit, and to let at least three crashes happen just beyond the exit I took. Seriously. I was eating my lunch and watching the clouds move on my weather app and crashes pop up on google maps. Yikes. 

Eventually after much VIP lane use (and only seeing ONE other motorcycle going the same direction as I - where are all the bikes SoCal???) I rolled into some old friends’ driveway ... just as the rain stopped. 

Tune in tomorrow to see if I can find the shipping company, and to see exactly what kind of ride I’ve signed up for on the return north. 

Oh - wait. Did I forget to mention that? Yeah- uh - so, some guy I don’t know called me and asked me if I’d ride his bike from LA up to Washington so he can ride it back down next month. I sort of forgot to ask what it was. 

szurszewski

Well, that would be interesting. My lower back is hoping for something a little more upright, but in all other regards the R9T was just fine on the way here...

I expect to know by about 2pm.  Hmm....

On 3/20/2019 at 8:30 AM, szurszewski said:

...well....there’s a lot of stuff in there we picked up along the way. Like...let me see....hatchet....grease gun....useless Tinitell....uh....oh: the final drive in the USPS box. Yeah. Lots. (Also lots of stuff missing from the initial packing because we shipped it to our storage unit.)

To be fair, there were five of us, including the dogs (though they are light packers to be sure), and we were out for a few more than two weeks.... but I still say it was mostly Laura’s. (But don’t tell her, ok?)

I don't ride anywhere without my propane torch.  LOL. 

Looks like a great trip.:18:

szurszewski
1 hour ago, greiffster said:

I don't ride anywhere without my propane torch.  LOL. 

Looks like a great trip.:18:

You only take one??? There are two in that picture. (Mexico uses a different bottle thread...)

Bill_Walker
19 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Really though it was fine. I pulled off the freeway for twenty minutes to have healthy Cheetos and Snickers snack, and to let the pavement clear a bit, and to let at least three crashes happen just beyond the exit I took. Seriously. I was eating my lunch and watching the clouds move on my weather app and crashes pop up on google maps. Yikes. 

Eventually after much VIP lane use (and only seeing ONE other motorcycle going the same direction as I - where are all the bikes SoCal???) I rolled into some old friends’ driveway ... just as the rain stopped. 

Where are all the bikes?  Look for the answer in your previous paragraph: a little rain, and you had three crashes in minutes.  People can't drive in the rain down here.  They don't get any practice nine months of the year, and sometimes not all that much the other three.  They either still tailgate at 75 in a 65, or slow to 45, and those two behaviors really don't combine well.  A SoCal freeway in the rain is no place for a motorcycle.  But with all those dry days, we can afford to skip a few rainy ones.

• Like 1
szurszewski
1 hour ago, Bill_Walker said:

Where are all the bikes?  Look for the answer in your previous paragraph: a little rain, and you had three crashes in minutes.  People can't drive in the rain down here.  They don't get any practice nine months of the year, and sometimes not all that much the other three.  They either still tailgate at 75 in a 65, or slow to 45, and those two behaviors really don't combine well.  A SoCal freeway in the rain is no place for a motorcycle.  But with all those dry days, we can afford to skip a few rainy ones.

Don’t take them for granted ;)

• Like 1
szurszewski

So, it’s been a long day.

I picked up this, eventually,

C94FBD8D-FE89-4388-9D63-3AE4265D5137.thumb.jpeg.7ccb2fca9a8e4ffebc3b4d7fa85bc037.jpeg

and now I’m waiting on some of this

94F99D2A-C940-40E7-A5CD-343C224D7663.thumb.jpeg.387a1a841d4ac65d526b2c2bbd953c92.jpeg

and that’s all I have to say tonight. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

I think that's everywhere that people can't drive in the rain, so I fly by them at 80+ on two wheels and get the crazy eyed looks.......better to have them behind me than in front of me  ;)

szurszewski
10 hours ago, Living the Dream said:

.....better to have them behind me than in front of me  ;)

Does it take awhile to pass them all?  ;)

15 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

Does it take awhile to pass them all? How ;)

I keep trying but they're like ants,....keep coming out from all their little entry trails.

szurszewski

Slow start this morning despite rolling out of bed early (ish). It took a couple hours, but the “k bike” and I are starting to get along alright. So far it’s only died on me four times - and only three of those on the freeway, and only ONCE in the middle of five lanes of 70mph morning rush hour traffic - and I think I’ve got that sorted. 

I thought this might help 

8034AE05-F263-4B9A-8485-0474EAB4A4BC.thumb.jpeg.63e5aa7eed27d2904af3c956f103dc71.jpeg

but I’m pretty sure it did not. 

Hey - we could make this a car talk-style puzzler: based on the scant information that you already have, and the added bit of knowledge that the “fix” in place involved no tools or parts or products, what was the problem?

Heading toward the SE Bay Area - looks like it will be raining when I get there, but so far the weather today has been great. 

Most carbureted bikes have fuel petcocks, and when in the wrong position...:dontknow:

edit...

I guess if it died on you once that answer could be in play.

szurszewski

This does have a petcock and when it died the first time, a couple miles after picking up the bike and just as I came off the throttle from merging onto the freeway, I though - damn, I’ve got the petcock in the wrong place! ...but I did not. Something else. Good guess though!

oh - a further clue: I do NOW have something “in the wrong place,” and that’s what’s keeping me going. 

Ok, gonna go with the choke has to be on to keep her running which means you have a clogged carb jet. Main or pilot, I forget which but thinking pilot.

szurszewski
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Ok, gonna go with the choke has to be on to keep her running which means you have a clogged carb jet. Main or pilot, I forget which but thinking pilot.

You know, it’s possible something is going on with the carb as well. But that’s not this issue. :)

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Had good luck with StarTron, it's more a long term prevent but may work here too.

I saw that, but I was feeling grumbly at the bike and intentionally picked the cheapest fuel system cleaner that had the word carb on it. But then I felt bad about that, so I got that second cheapest one instead. 

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

2 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

@szurszewski If you're still in the San Diego area, I've got tools and a lift (some small garage excavation required to put it to use, but not too bad).

A generous offer! I am already in the Bay Area though, and honestly my goal is to not actually “fix” anything on this bike as long as it is running ok. I think that might lead me down a deep rabbit hole. 

2 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Clogged fuel tank vent, which you're working around by leaving the cap open?

You are correct sir!

• Like 2
szurszewski

Another long day - made it to Hayward in the fabled Bay Area - probably going to take a rest day tomorrow. 

8AD37853-CF9B-4D4A-A0B0-94470A1FB384.thumb.jpeg.82fe932da49bdd6304abdd19a8c9815b.jpeg

• Like 2

You gotta be careful, it usually starts out this way. Riding a relatively cheap single cylinder Japanese dual sport and next thing you know, you're shopping for a 25K big monster Adventure Bike! :grin:

Nice pic!

szurszewski

Thanks! I’ve got a better one, but I’m saving until I have time to talk about it. 

Hanging out in the Bay Area today - was going to meet a friend and check out the local MOMA, but instead I decided to pull over to the side of the freeway and deal with this:

60DDDE97-2433-43E0-A814-C09D6B98998F.thumb.jpeg.7dfc60fec8fe45a984fbc6aa16e4a328.jpeg

That task just accomplished I’m going to meet said friend for lunch and then maybe go for a ride (to see if I can break anything else before heading north). 

So...I think I’ll not yet be bike shopping ;)

• Like 1
Bill_Walker
7 hours ago, szurszewski said:

I decided to pull over to the side of the freeway and deal with this:

What are we looking at here?  Footpeg rubber falling apart, or bent or broken peg?