IGNORED

Larger Grips

MooreDriven

MooreDriven

I think I might be hallucinating, but I was positive I read a post about replacing the stock grips with larger foam grips recently. I have searched the site, but got zero results. I have large hands, and want to replace the stock grips with larger grips.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Jim VonBaden

01-Tank-bag-mounted-side.jpg

12GS-foam-grip.jpg

Just a cheap set of foam grips from the dealer. They work well, and are removable. They do block some heat, but not too much!

Jim cool.gif

I put a pair of standard sized foam grips (they attached via velcro) on my R12RT and they worked fine; heated up nicely (took a little longer) and felt great.

A guy I ride with just took his off; said the softer feel made him grip harder, causing his hands to get tired. If your hands are large enough I doubt that would be an issue.

Lastly, saw a bike with tennis racket wrap used to enlarge and firm up the grip. Surprisingly it looked great and felt fine but I'd bet heating would be an issue.

Mike

MooreDriven
Perhaps you didn't set or blank out the dates? They default to "less than 1 week."

Ah Ha! I missed the date criteria!

Thanks,

Dale

In late seventies/early eighties, Johnny O'Mara, US motocrosser (the 'O' show) had larger grip on left handle bar; he found it reduced muscle fatigue when doing forty minute death grip. Sometimes, I'm tempted to look for a left grip same size as throttle to see if it's more comfortable.

Wooster

candle makers have it made; they only work on wickends

I have the standard foam grips by Johar, used to be Grab-ON, pushed over the heated grips om my K12RS. They are supposed to replace the standard grips, but a bit of shaving cream lubed them enough to slide on over the heated grips. It takes some effort, be careful not to push your bike over! I have the straight, smooth heated grips, not the ribbed ones. They give me a larger diameter grip, and do allow the heated through. I'm sure the heat amount is diminished, but being a Floridiot I haven't noticed the loss so far. Ask me after my trip to Alaska next month.

Archived