IGNORED

New member from oz

TassieRT1200

TassieRT1200

Hi everyone

Just a short introduction. I live in tasmania , a state of australia and currently ride a 2009 R1200RT

looking forward to lots of discussions help and fellowship in the forum

Cheers

Gary

Welcome to the board.  You picked the right place for discussion, help and fellowship. 

I've made it to Adelaide, but didn't have time on that trip to jump over to Tasmania. My loss!

Wish we were in the middle of our riding season like you.  Where I live, we are roughly the same distance from the equator in opposite directions, so I still have feet of snow to loose before a ride.

Haha...So life is good from your perspective

image.png.4a0f4c3220834b5337bc525fc4bd34cd.png

The mystical symbol of Tasmania (at least from my youth :grin:) says Harleys are popular on the island, true? :dontknow:

c5911043df21ab7f5e9565c042a613b9.jpg

For sure another place I'd like to see in this lifetime. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
TassieRT1200

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

Yes it seems that nearly everyone has a harley, at least on the north-west of the island where i am

The weather is unusually mild at the moment but cold and wet weather is not far off

Cheers

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gary, if you get a chance, I and others would love to see a few pictures of your world. :thumbsup: Pretty easy with the new and improved site, just upload right from your phone.

Yes,  love to see the ride.  

I had to chuckle about your comment on the prevalence for Hawgs in Tasmania.  Being a BMW owner living in the birth place of HD I get a lot of questions from non-riders why I don't ride a Harley.  That always sets off a bunch of snarky replies zooming through my head , but  go to my default polite answer that if they offered a bike that matched my needs I might buy one.

Welcome Gary, from Sydney.

I fly down to Tassie a couple of times a week. Our track usually takes us over St. Helens and Lake Leake for Hobart, or Bridport for Launy. Often wish I could get off the plane for a couple of weeks. The scenery is so spectacular. I'd love to bring the bike down and spend a bit of time there.

I took a time lapse video of a recent flight into Hobart in December. If I could figure a way to post it here, I would.

John R.