IGNORED

Taking Mirrors Off (without breaking something)...

Redbrick

Just to be sure I don't break something when taking the mirrors off to install Rescue Wires on the new Redbrick 1200RT, do they come off like the 1150?....Butt of the hand on outside edge hitting towards rear of bike? confused.gifAssuming so, but it's kind of scary anyway.........

Thanks.

Phil..........Redbrick

Take to the highway and start aiming for birds pretty soon one large enough will smack into the leading edge of your mirror and remove it for you grin.gif You are correct they will come off with a pop on the corner pushing back towards the saddle bags. If you stand in front of the mirror and push on the black plastic peeking out from the painted turn signal protector it will pop off.

Phil

You don't need to hit it with the heel of your hand. You can push it towards the rear of the bike and it will come off. It is a ball and socket type of connection and there are three of them. Then to put it back on just press it into position. Is that easy or what? I have had mine off several times to mount aux. running lights just below the signal lenses. It looks pretty cool. I also have a set of yellow fog lights mounted below the oil cooler.

Thanks guys......I figured that's how it's done (hit birds while at 80) smile.gif....But wanted to make sure.......

Phil.........Redbrick

Geez. You are in Santa Paula. We should get together for a ride in the future. I have a buddy that lives in Moorpark that I ride with up that way on occasion. I love having breakfast at Santa Paula airport. One of my first rides was over to S.P. airport then up and over Rt.33 and back to M.P. Ruby and your bike are identical twins. Ride safe.

Just to be sure I don't break something when taking the mirrors off to install Rescue Wires on the new Redbrick 1200RT, do they come off like the 1150?....Butt of the hand on outside edge hitting towards rear of bike? confused.gifAssuming so, but it's kind of scary anyway.........

You think THAT'S scary, you should try to take the mirror glass out of a K100 mirror housing! The procedure is to slam the mirror housing (with glass inside) really HARD on a thinly carpeted surface. The glass pops right off the ball joint and onto the carpet.

To get the mirror pod off the bike, just bend it backwards. It will pop off the 3 balls and sockets that hold it on the bike.

Bob.

Not, of course, what it says in the handbook "firm forward pressure"! Wonder if anyone has broken their mirror following that instruction?

I have a 1990 K75RT and my left mirror glass was smashed. I removed the mirror, popped out the glass assembly and took it to a glass shop. They're going to replace the glass for $15.00, can't beat that!

My question is: While trying to remove the glass assembly, the front and back halves of the mirror assembly separated. I can't figure out if the halves snap back together, or they're glued or what. Help!

Epilog to the great mirror safety wire installation..........

Wires installed....Removed mirrors by pushing backwards on outside edge and off they came with a small surprise....No electrical wires to the mirror like the 1150 to keep it from falling!..Should have noticed that.....Just the mirror all by itself....Had a good grip and didn't drop it though....

Thanks

Phil..........Redbrick

Archived