IGNORED

Battery disposal

Puddles

There are plenty of opinions about what NEW battery to buy, but I can’t find much chatter about what to do with the old one.  

Wait ‘til midnight & toss it over my neighbors’ fence?

9 minutes ago, Puddles said:

There are plenty of opinions about what NEW battery to buy, but I can’t find much chatter about what to do with the old one.  

Wait ‘til midnight & toss it over my neighbors’ fence?

Afternoon Puddles

I usually keep a few around as most new battery purchases require an old battery trade in  or you pay an extra charge.

I have even traded in old small motorcycle batteries on full sized truck batteries without issue.

If you really want yours gone then most auto part stores or even Walmart will probably take it off your hands as old batteries are worth a bit due to the lead inside.   

Or a scrap yard will  usually give you a little for it. 

I received a report a while back that battery recycling is one of the few recycling programs that really work due to the worth of the lead in old batteries (very/very  high percent of old batteries are recycled)

• Thanks 1

O'Reillys Auto Parts gives you a credit for bringing in an old battery.  Last time I brought in a bike battery the counter guy just gave me cash. I'm sure that wasn't store policy.  I'd guess that most auto parts stores will give you a credit for an old battery.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Puddles said:

<snip>...Wait ‘til midnight & toss it over my neighbors’ fence?

That's it. Just remember to sneak into your other neighbor's yard and throw it over his wall so the first neighbor won't know it was you.

• Like 2