IGNORED

WTB right side cylinder head cover

Dr.Steve

Last item needed to bring back to perfect a 2007 RT with 4000 miles on it.  Any one have one or no where I can get a 'like new' used one?

Appreciate your help.

Dr.Steve

Boonstra Motorcycle Parts (in Holland) has 3 in stock, all have some scuffing / gouges. Not sure how bad the one you have now is, this one might be better than nothing, its the best cosmetically of the 3.

https://www.boonstraparts.com/en/part/bmw-r-1200-rt-2005-2009-r1200rt-05-valve-cover-right-2006&ID=B10002E59U

If you are patient their inventory changes fairly frequently. I am not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Regards,

Rick

Scuffs and scrapes are fixable.  Clean and fill with JB Weld epoxy, sand smooth, paint with a matte aluminum paint. You can pay $$$ for perfectly matched BMW White Aluminum Matte, but it is easily matched by something you might buy to repaint a rusty mailbox. Valve cover temperatures are not hot enough to require hi-temperature paint.

Thanks folks - the damage on the valve cover is minimal bu comparison to the pic Tourmaster posted.  I may try lkrous's idea.

40 minutes ago, Dr.Steve said:

Thanks folks - the damage on the valve cover is minimal bu comparison to the pic Tourmaster posted.  I may try lkrous's idea.

I'm no body man, but I've successfully fixed two valve covers this way.  When finished you could not tell it from new.  I picked out a good match for the color at the local auto parts store.  If you are even kind of close on the color it will blend in with the rest of the bike's parts.  The similarly colored parts all look a bit different anyway due to light angles, shadows, and such. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tourmaster said:

Dr.Steve...as mentioned, the inventory at Boonstra Parts changes fairly regularly. Here is another one listed in 'as New condition' and it's an aftermarket one, so use your judgement.

https://www.boonstraparts.com/en/part/bmw-r-1200-rt-2005-2009-r1200rt-05-valve-cover-right-2007&ID=B10000LP0G

Regards,

Rick

I may have that part if you still need one? 

Mark, macmaneurosportsme@gmail.com