IGNORED

Looking for R1100RT Right foot pedal Bracket

Miguel!

I've been hunting for one for the last month on eBay, beamerboneyard, some of the salvage yards, but haven't found one. I find plenty of Left brackets and plenty of R1150RT Right brackets. 

Anyone have a pointer to one? I know I can buy a new one for ~$500 but would have thought I could find a good condition used one. I attached a picture of one below for reference.

And I presume that the R1150RT bracket won't fit, right?

Thanks! Miguel

PS: I posted in the FS forum as well. 

s-l1600.jpg

2 hours ago, Miguel! said:

I've been hunting for one for the last month on eBay, beamerboneyard, some of the salvage yards, but haven't found one. I find plenty of Left brackets and plenty of R1150RT Right brackets. 

Anyone have a pointer to one? I know I can buy a new one for ~$500 but would have thought I could find a good condition used one. I attached a picture of one below for reference.

And I presume that the R1150RT bracket won't fit, right?

Thanks! Miguel

PS: I posted in the FS forum as well. 

Afternoon Miguel

What are you looking for? Are you looking for the  'footrest plate'  or something else?

DR. I am looking for the footplate as shown in the photo. It's the part that holds the footpegs and also secures the sidecases at the rear. Thx for any help . Miguel 

4 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

DR. I am looking for the footplate as shown in the photo. It's the part that holds the footpegs and also secures the sidecases at the rear. Thx for any help . Miguel 

Afternoon Miguel

The silver piece that the foot rest pins to,  correct?  That is called  'footrest plate'.

Just now, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Miguel

The silver piece that the foot rest pins to,  correct?  That is called  'footrest plate'.

Exactly. 

I reposted the picture of the part I am referring to. For some reason it didn't post in my original post. I'm sure it was pilot error on my part. Sorry for the confusion. 

Miguel

Just now, Miguel! said:

Exactly. 

I reposted the picture of the part I am referring to. For some reason it didn't post in my original post. I'm sure it was pilot error on my part. Sorry for the confusion. 

Miguel

Afternoon Miguel

Ok that is the 'footrest plate', my parts book shows a different part number for the 1100RT vs the 1150RT so according to my book they won't interchange (but there is only one digit  difference & that is buried in the middle of the part number so the parts book might have an error)  .  See if your plate has a casting number on the back as I have some of those plates in my shop attic but I never wrote what bike they came from.

You might also call Beemer Boneyard to see what they can tell you as far as what BMW  bikes (if any) use the same part as your bike, or even if they have any for sale.

14 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Miguel

Ok that is the 'footrest plate', my parts book shows a different part number for the 1100RT vs the 1150RT so according to my book they won't interchange (but there is only one digit  difference & that is buried in the middle of the part number so the parts book might have an error)  .  See if your plate has a casting number on the back as I have some of those plates in my shop attic but I never wrote what bike they came from.

You might also call Beemer Boneyard to see what they can tell you as far as what BMW  bikes (if any) use the same part as your bike, or even if they have any for sale.

DR.

First, thanks for your offer to dig thru your personal attic stash. I won't be home till Sunday and will pull the plate and look at the part number and post it here either Sunday afternoon or Monday. I don't know how time consuming it will be to take off but it doesn't look very complicated.

Second, that's a great suggestion to reach out to beaver boneyard. I'll do that.

Best

Miguel

I parted out two R1100RTs and an R1150RT.  The footrest plates went fast followed by many inquires if I still had some.  I don't recall what the exact difference was between the models, but they are not interchangeable.  

Place an WTB ad in the Classified" section.  I would not hold out much hope, but you never know.   If I remember correctly the damaged ones all failed in the same area...one of the footpeg mounting points.  One of the ones I sold had been repaired, and the repair was very solid.  I would investigate getting yours repaired.  Most any good fabricator/welder should be able to handle the job.

Thanks eddd. I do have a WTB in the Classifieds Forum. 

As I understand it, most of those plates brake when the bike gets dropped and lands on the footpads. That is the case on the new-to-me R1100RT. In my case, it was had to make an unexpected stop at a one lane road with a stop sign at each end due to a washout and a car barreling thru without stopping on the other side. I put my right foot down but the dirt siding had been washed away by the heavy rains. Over I went at a standstill. Fortunately, the other damage is fixed and I didn't get hurt. Just a bit stunned and embarrassed. Interestingly, the independent BMW mechanic I had do some service on the bike noticed the broken plate and said that most of the footplate damage he's see is on the right. And if eBay is any indication, you can find plenty of left sides, but so far, I've not found any right sides. 

Thanks for the suggestion to get it repaired. I've done a preliminary investigation on that already but I'll keep hunting to see if I can find a good used one. 

Thanks for the observation on the 1100 vs 1150 version being incompatible. 

Best

Miguel

Miguel!, I'll look at mine this weekend for condition and let you know.  I'm planning on parting my bike out and this may be just the impetus to get the process moving.  How soon do you want/need it?

Tom

Thx Tom. I don't actually "need it" because the broken one is functioning but I do want to replace it. Let me know your plans and I'll pm you my phone number. 

Cheers 

Miguel 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:06 PM, Miguel! said:

DR.

First, thanks for your offer to dig thru your personal attic stash. I won't be home till Sunday and will pull the plate and look at the part number and post it here either Sunday afternoon or Monday. I don't know how time consuming it will be to take off but it doesn't look very complicated.

Second, that's a great suggestion to reach out to beaver boneyard. I'll do that.

Best

Miguel

DR. I  removed the plate and photographed the part number. bmw 2330378.9

It'd be great if you have one. Let me know. 

Thx

Miguel 

80DB847E-DFB2-40BB-8DB0-4FF63D981CFF.jpeg

10 hours ago, Miguel! said:

DR. I  removed the plate and photographed the part number. bmw 2330378.9

It'd be great if you have one. Let me know. 

Thx

Miguel 

Morning  Miguel 

That is the casting number not the part number. I will look to see if I have one but that won't be until later this week. 

1 hour ago, dirtrider said:

Morning  Miguel 

That is the casting number not the part number. I will look to see if I have one but that won't be until later this week. 

I'll get  the part number later today. Sorry about that.

Miguel 

9 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

I'll get  the part number later today. Sorry about that.

Miguel 

Morning  Miguel

I have the part number but that is not on the actual part (at least I don't think it is) . About all we can go by is casting number and/or looks.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, Miguel! said:

Ok. I'm standing by. Thx!! Miguel

Afternoon Miguel!

OK I finally got a chance to look at my footrest plates & no good on the 1100 R/H side  as they are all 1150 footrest plates.

DR, Thanks so much for taking the time to look!! I truly appreciate that. 

I'll check with Trobinson above. He said he was going to part out an R1100RT. 

I'll find one sooner or later. 

Thanks again for going over the extra mile. 

Miguel!

On 3/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Trobinson said:

Miguel!, I'll look at mine this weekend for condition and let you know.  I'm planning on parting my bike out and this may be just the impetus to get the process moving.  How soon do you want/need it?

Tom

Tom, 

You ever get a chance to look at this? Thanks. 

Miguel

I have ordered new and used parts from “Motor Works” in England, there is no VAT when exported and the shipping is via mail. I live in Canada and my RT 1100 used tail light assembly was around $80 CDN all in to my door.

Thx for the link!! They are closed till Monday but I'll send them an email this weekend. 

Cheers 

Miguel!