IGNORED

2019 MotoGP

chrisolson

The final combined test rankings in Qatar has some interesting results.  And yes, testing is not a real race  and the experienced riders still have an edge going the distance.  However there may be some new contenders for the podium in Rins and Quartareo with Miller,  Bagnaia, Rabat and Morbidelli  adding to the mix .

Should be a great season starting on March 10 !!

Maverick VIÑALES
Fabio QUARTARARO
Alex RINS
Marc MARQUEZ
Valentino ROSSI
Jorge LORENZO
Franco MORBIDELLI
Pol ESPARGARO
Takaaki NAKAGAMI
Danilo PETRUCCI
Jack MILLER
Joan MIR
Francesco BAGNAIA
Aleix ESPARGARO
Andrea DOVIZIOSO
Tito RABAT
Cal CRUTCHLOW
Andrea IANNONE
Johann ZARCO
Miguel OLIVEIRA
Karel ABRAHAM
Bradley SMITH
Hafizh SYAHRIN

cant wait...will be at MotoGP in Austin in April.  Don't think anybody would be wise to bet against Marquez.  Last year in Austin they were selling shirts that said anybody but 93

The big question mark (or Marc) is Mr. Marquez's shoulder.   If he has to turn the dial down a bit to avoid crashing on it, that will be a big obstacle to overcome for his next championship. 

on a hunch, I'm going to bet Dovi doesn't finish down there either. Supposedly the Duc's found more speed for this year.  That would be amazing.  Miller won't be able to stay on his steed long enough to finish that high.

Yeeha Stephen

I'm anxious to see (hear) the new Triumph triples in Moto2.

In Moto1 the silly season seat switching will be fun watching as well as the new bike upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...

Top 10 after FP2 for the VisitQatar Grand Prix

Marquez again at the top ... the lone Honda.  The surprise ... Team Suzuki Ecstar and Petronas Yamaha SRT scoring with all of their riders !!  

1. Marc Marquez - (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:53.380
2. Maverick Viñales - (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) - +0.474
3. Jack Miller - (Alma Pramac Racing) - +0.528
4. Danilo Petrucci - (Mission Winnow Ducati) - +0.673
5. Fabio Quartararo - (Petronas Yamaha SRT) - +0.774
6. Andrea Dovizioso - (Mission Winnow Ducati) - +0.876
7. Franco Morbidelli - (Petronas Yamaha SRT) - +0.895
8. Alex Rins - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - +0.940
9. Aleix Espargaro - (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) - +0.987
10. Joan Mir - (Team Suzuki Ecstar) - +1.022

Bill_Walker
3 hours ago, gordiet said:

I’ve been searching for what channel the Moto GP races are being shown. No luck...anyone know?

GT 

I think they're still on BeIN Sports in the US, a channel that's included in hardly anyone's cable package.  I know that for DirecTV, I'd have to subscribe to their very top-priced package to get it, along with a whole slew of other channels I'd never watch.  So I broke down this year and bought the viewing package at MotoGP.com and will watch on a connected device.

If you don't have access on your regular TV, the pay-online version is supposed to be really good.  It's not cheap, though.

This will be my third season watching via the MotoGP app on my iPad streamed to my big screen.  I really enjoy he build up of practice, qualifying, and then the race on Sunday mornings.  If I’m riding  can watch it later.

21 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

I think they're still on BeIN Sports in the US, a channel that's included in hardly anyone's cable package.  I know that for DirecTV, I'd have to subscribe to their very top-priced package to get it, along with a whole slew of other channels I'd never watch.  So I broke down this year and bought the viewing package at MotoGP.com and will watch on a connected device.

Thanks, l do have that channel! I’ve never looked at it before.

GT 

If you didn't catch it ... it was a fabulous race !  If this was any indication, its going to be season for the record books .

Bill_Walker
4 hours ago, chrisolson said:

If you didn't catch it ... it was a fabulous race !  If this was any indication, its going to be season for the record books .

All three races (Moto3, Moto2, MotoGP) were fabulous!  I think they said if you added up the finishing gaps between first and second place for all three races, it only came to a tenth of a second!

But I think it's funny that they still have umbrella girls on the grid for night races.  Not that I mind, of course.

Great race. Six or seven could realistically vie for the title. .

Just subscribed to motogp.com. 

Think it will be a good way to view thru the season although it will take me a while to figure how to utilize the features of the app. As for the cost I've noticed that since it depends on the rate of exchange you may pay more one day than another. I paid $157 and noticed that it was $ 125 the next day. 

12 hours ago, joeb said:

Just subscribed to motogp.com. 

Think it will be a good way to view thru the season although it will take me a while to figure how to utilize the features of the app.

A great feature is that ALL the MotoGP races from every year back into the early 90's are available