IGNORED

Fat Pants

q2bruiser

Howdy all.

Yep ... I have a gut and when picking up my R1200ST I wanted pants. Not that I wasn’t wearing pants in the store but rather pants for the ride home. There were rows and rows of pants for those with less tonnage area than myself. The apparel manager goes to the catalogs and nope ... “their brand does not come in that size”. Typical.

Can someone point me in the direction for a good pair of Cordura/Mesh/etc pants for fat guys?

Thanks much all.

James

Howdy all.

Welcome James...

Can someone point me in the direction for a good pair of Cordura/Mesh/etc pants for fat guys?

Thanks much all.

James

I would recommend you give Aerostitch a call. Their web site can be found here.

Also, I have found some good reviews of gear at this web site as well.

Regards,

Mike O

James, you didn't mention how large you are, in terms of your waist size. Most of the Aerostitch stuff goes up to waist size 46, which for me, for a time, wasn't big enough.

First Gear has riding pants, over pants and summer "air" pants that go to XXX and in some cases XXXX. This represents waist sizes 48 up to 54 or 56.

I am currently using the over pants and they are beginning to become too big, as I am dropping pounds, but they are great pants. I've used the "air" pants in the past and they too were also very comfy.

If your dealer doesn't stock these sizes, then I know for a fact that they can order them through the Tucker Rocky catalog / rep.

If you hit a road block, let me know and I'd be happy to connect you to my guy who can help you!

for awesome pants, (but terrible customer service) try www.motoport.com (however the company name is now cycleport) the air mesh Kevlar pants rock. I have recommend these to many other riders, and anyone who has purchased a pair, have stated they are worth the cost. great protection, and flow a lot of air. In Atlanta, Ga, I ride with them 365 days a year. During cold weather I can add thermal underwear and the liner and I am good to around 30 degrees (that is on a RT) with very light weight nylon pants, and the liner removed the pants are very comfortable up to 90 degrees in the summer.

They have stock pants, but offer custom sizing. I have two pair, Cathy wears a pair, and I have a matching pair. I am 6_4 275 and Cathy is 5_4. Both pair were made to custome size, and fit us great.

Chris K has a pair, Andy Raye also has a pair, I am pretty sure I have recommended these to at least a dozen members of this board, and a number of them have researched this, and have purchased a pair.

However my back (i.e real cold) gear is first gear, and they make good stuff. I think the motoport stuff is more protective and you can get custom fit, but I really enjoy my first gear jacket, the kilamangero. if you can afford it I think the motoport stuff is a good value.

Belstaff Pioneer Pants - up to 3XL. Great quality pants.

Belstaff USA link here

Just a word about Belstaff...

Their quality is very good, but their sizing runs a bit small. Their 3X stuff fits similar to a tight 2X. I guess it's a European thing. eek.gifwink.gif

Thanks much for all the info. I am about a 45/46 (46 feels better) so it looks like all the companies will have something to offer.

Good site all.

James

Archived