IGNORED

2019 Iron Butt Rally

njl4

Looks like the 2019 Iron Butt Rally will take place in Greenville South Carolina, June 17th at 10:00am and finish on June 28th at 10:00am. Not sure what the theme is this year but Good luck to all the riders this year. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

The 17th through the 28th. Hmm, maybe some of the UNRally riders willl come across an IBR rider or two on the road. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks TEWKS, I have followed the IBR for years and on Advrider and the FJR forums people are talking about different things.  I just figured people here would be doing the same thing.  Yes I know that it starts on the 17th but riders are already at the motel.  Thanks again and have a great day.

• Like 1

I was heading to the BMW MOA rally in Lebanon TN and then was going to ride over to Greenville SC to watch the start of the 2019 Iron Butt Rally, But on my way out of Michigan, BAM I hit a pot hole and bent both rims and had to call a tow truck to get my bike home, now I need to find a front rim already have located a rear rim, so if your out there and have a rim PLEASE PM me.

Go Ken Meese and Bob Lilly

2 minutes ago, njl4 said:

I was heading to the BMW MOA rally in Lebanon TN and then was going to ride over to Greenville SC to watch the start of the 2019 Iron Butt Rally, But on my way out of Michigan, BAM I hit a pot hole and bent both rims and had to call a tow truck to get my bike home, now I need to find a front rim already have located a rear rim, so if your out there and have a rim PLEASE PM me.

Go Ken Meese and Bob Lilly

Well that sucks, good luck and I hope you are able to locate one quickly, 

I am guessing that Ken is back in this year that is great, I was really rooting for him in 2013 and especially in 2015.  I figured he had them both won.  Hopefully third time is a charm.

Good luck to not only Ken and Bob but all that a that are riding in the big dance.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, warrenm said:

Am I in the wrong thread as I would have thought some people would be posting about the 2019 IBR. 

This thread might have had a better fit in Motorcycle Talk, this one has everything from favorite spice  to best option to cut the cable and other yada-yada

30 minutes ago, Paul De said:

This thread might have had a better fit in Motorcycle Talk, this one has everything from favorite spice  to best option to cut the cable and other yada-yada

I couldn't find anything in that area either

15 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Does anyone know if Kirsten Talken-Spaulding is riding in the ralley?

Scott, not sure if you found an answer yet but, in Warren's post, there's a riders list and I didn't see her name.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:11 PM, njl4 said:

Go Ken Meese

Ken is not riding this year. Long post on the K1600 board.  Bottom line is he had a bout with cancer and won but isn't quite up to the IBR.

No Ken Meese this year ,  I  Was on my way to the MOA rally and the start of the Iorn Butt Rally  a week ago last Thursday, heading south on I-75 south in Southern Michigan at exit 5, when" BAM" large pot hole in the road and of coarse it was in the middle of a construction zone. 2 flat tires bent rims that will not roll at all, hitting on the banjo bolt of the caliper and the rear was hitting the drive shaft housing, a bad day all around, no room for a tow truck on the shoulder, had to call the police to have one lane blocked off so the bike could be load onto the tow truck and to top it all off it started to rain as soon as the truck got there.

I'm fine got 2 new rims my bike is back up and running, But I missed the start of the 2019 Iron Butt Rally. I have been reading Kens comments on the K1600 board and it adds some real insight into the world of the Iron Butt Rally. Getting from the riders perspective is great. Ken I wish you the best.

• 3 weeks later...