IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Had a look at the apparatus folding doors they installed. They look very narrow from where I was standing. I foresee a mishap or two. :facepalm:

The Apparatus Operator will blame it on his Tillerman:grin:

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

And, he still has all his tools. Yup, definitely did it wrong. :classic_biggrin:

Ya, if he's got that 10mm socket,....it's definitely done wrong

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Ya, if he's got that 10mm socket,....it's definitely done wrong

I'm sure there is one rattling around in there somewhere!

• Smile 2
30 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I’m pretty sure you’ve got us beat for snowfall so far, this season! :5146:

Guess ya ain’t moving down here then, we get too much sneaux

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Rougarou said:

68* yesterday 72* the day before

this today

D325B185-D379-41EC-8E70-CB01F8E1F45A.thumb.jpeg.2cc844601e410b1b882d564b4dbc413b.jpeg

Really don't know why you were surprised, it was obviously a downward trend...

• Haha 1
RandyShields
9 hours ago, Whip said:

I am in Key West. This dude has not moved an inch in 4 hours.

Another variation of the Iron Butt Hotel.

He's just tired,.....prolly former military used to sleeping in odd positions.

The DI's gave the best advice, "sleep when you can, where you can".

Four hours like that, I bet he didn’t have much feeling in his legs when he tried to move. I like his tiny motel, his helmet. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple collections just like that, plus a boxful in the work van. Every now and then I weed out, but I know I'll need it next week.

• Plus 1 1
10 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I've got a couple collections just like that, plus a boxful in the work van. Every now and then I weed out, but I know I'll need it next week.

ya, we’ve been saying that we may need these. The wife went through them years ago and same-samed them in gallon ziplocks. Since the white stuff is preventing outside activities, I’m in the downstairs garage prepping it to be the bike garage. So that means clear stuff out. To make me make myself do this, I put the bikes down hereimage.thumb.jpg.38b9e3bc0f8621693b7eb67c3a2ea1e8.jpg

And sitting on standby

image.jpg

John Ranalletta
On 1/3/2022 at 9:24 PM, Whip said:

I am in Key West. This dude has not moved an inch in 4 hours.

D62A959B-BCD8-465F-A1E8-DDF7E11932B3.jpeg

Reminds me of the young man (Patience?) from Chicago area who rode from Chicago to SOCAL during the winter.  He had a 650 with a Harlequin-like pattern of white/black reflector tape on the bike and a laptop rigged on the tank to operate while underway.  Some oldtimers here might remember him.  Nice kid. 

Well, not right now, but couple hours ago

image2.jpeg

IMG_2015.jpg

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

We have more on the way, 3-6 come Thursday-Friday.

This is the south, we aren't supposed to get this stuff.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, TEWKS said:

I guess the red lights are the bunk rooms

Damn, what's going in the fire house?  Red lights meant something a little different when I was in Europe!

• Haha 3

Red lights are all over Navy ships, when its lights out at 2200, that just mans the white lights. The red lights are lit in berthing areas as well as other areas  Maybe, they think you guys need to have red lights for the stay on station sleepers, I dunno how you work your shifts. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Maybe, they think you guys need to have red lights for the stay on station sleepers, I dunno how you work your shifts.

This week Thursday 24 hrs / Saturday 24 hrs. Next week will be Friday & Sunday and so on. Hopefully, getting an OT shift tossed in the mix every once in a while. :thumbsup: I assume those reds are tone lights. Lights come on when you get a call and maybe the red is less startling at 3:00 am. :dontknow:

Besides gravity taking down a couple senior citizens yesterday, we had this little accident. No injuries.

1823D40C-1A6B-425A-8862-136AB60FC621.jpeg

Early in the day on Thursday I called up my learnings from the school of Rougarou while tightening the belt on the station compressor. :classic_biggrin:

7A611935-1BB1-4AC9-9EB7-73CB6D17CE61.jpeg

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

This week Thursday 24 hrs / Saturday 24 hrs. Next week will be Friday & Sunday and so on. Hopefully, getting an OT shift tossed in the mix every once in a while. :thumbsup: I assume those reds are tone lights. Lights come on when you get a call and maybe the red is less startling at 3:00 am. :dontknow:

Besides gravity taking down a couple senior citizens yesterday, we had this little accident. No injuries.

1823D40C-1A6B-425A-8862-136AB60FC621.jpeg

Early in the day on Thursday I called up my learnings from the school of Rougarou while tightening the belt on the station compressor. :classic_biggrin:

7A611935-1BB1-4AC9-9EB7-73CB6D17CE61.jpeg

Ya, when you wake up, the red lights help greatly.

And that Rougarou school needs its admissions paid.  The right tool is the one that works, and it looks like you got the right tool on there

• Like 2

Our weather people in Atlanta mentioned how bad New England will get hit with snow, in feet (not inches.)   It is headed that way, so hunker down, y'all!!

We had a low temp of 24 F and the sun has been up for a couple of hours and we are just now at 28 F.   Windy day predicted, with a high of only 38 F.  If we get snow, it will be flurries.   Congrats on your blizzard, Dave.  Better be prepared....................to ride it out.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Something very strange and unordinary is happening here

C7B9C542-85E1-46FA-864B-94179417A1E9.jpeg

Hope you got the bread and milk,......got a slight dusting last night, bit of white stuff on the ground.  It compliments the stuff that's still around from two weeks ago(in the shady spots)

And another from Southern Indiana, said his driveway is in there somewhere

image.thumb.jpeg.13491e2d92d374a5b7caa131eb5dbd07.jpeg

Got down to 35 this morning here, 28 tomorrow. 24 Hours of Daytona starts today, always nice and toasty in the car but the crews are up all night and can’t escape.

• Like 1

Pat , I have to admit I'm not envious. Winds here are really starting to pack and punch and heading up your way. Stay warm and safe !!!!!

• Like 1