IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Could be a ligit plate from another rare street legal lotus that found its way onto the back of the track car.  Even with dash cam plate readers what cop would know the difference between a street legal vintage exotic and a vintage track car.

Don't ask why I would ever think of doing that:classic_rolleyes:.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, ESokoloff said:

Truly spectacular Spring here in SoCal. 

This is from today’s trip home.  

This is is on Mulholland Hwy just East of Cornell. 

The mustered is about halfway to spectacular. 

Will capture & share as it develops. 

5D5FEBAE-AB18-4867-9B98-6D010D773A7E.jpeg

44C4E355-ED21-4E48-8BF1-3F513AEF404C.jpeg

It was these hills hills in the background that a spectacular LAFD helicopter rescue took place during the Woosely fire. 

0A46F221-BC22-4F9A-BD05-300FCA6B8F01.jpeg

Short version...

long version...

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11/20/la-fire-department-video-shows-wildfire-helicopter-rescue/

Here is a pic from the la times showing yellow hillsides, in Calabassas I think.  Unfortunately when these mustard plants dry out they become fuel for fires.  Oh boy.

IMG_LA-3077848_la-me_mus_2_1_7D5932DS.jpg

ESokoloff
5 hours ago, longjohn said:

Here is a pic from the la times showing yellow hillsides, in Calabassas I think.  Unfortunately when these mustard plants dry out they become fuel for fires.  Oh boy.

IMG_LA-3077848_la-me_mus_2_1_7D5932DS.jpg

Yes, that's the Calibasas Grade looking West/Northbound heading to Las Virgenes. 

The Mustard is not a native & is detrimental  to the landscape. 

That grove of eucalyptus on the left was the point of origin  of another nasty SoCal fire in Oct. 96 (Note that the cause was not downed lines but rather untrimmed trees that touched the lines).

Edit: Note that the 96 fire links/discription are a bit mixed up.  

Not able to proof read before submitting post & don't have the "band width" to correct right now.

Edited by ESokoloff
ESokoloff
7 hours ago, Paul De said:

Could be a ligit plate from another rare street legal lotus that found its way onto the back of the track car.  Even with dash cam plate readers what cop would know the difference between a street legal vintage exotic and a vintage track car.

Don't ask why I would ever think of doing that:classic_rolleyes:.

No, it's street legal. 

I found this & this

roadscholar

Nice video! I didn't have a tag for it but before a race I'd sometimes drive my 67 Porsche 910 around the hood to make sure everything worked. After thinking about that Lotus I figured it was a replica which is much easier to get a tag for (race cars don't have titles just for that reason). Plus not many will drive a half million dollar vintage race car around on the street.Then I googled the guy and came across this, I don't think it's a replica.   https://www.huffpost.com/entry/right-next-door-michael-a_b_11572882  

Years later when I traded for a 908, during the restoration a buddy through a series of events and contacts was able to get a title (in an unnamed state) transferred it to the state he lived in then signed off and sent it to me. I never got a tag for it but probably could've. 

See the source image

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MikeRC said:

Second weekend in a row.  Not thrilled.  

Wow winter just won't let go!   Right now my wife and I are in the northern part of Wisconsin and that snow you have will be coming as rain here today, but just barely.  100 miles to the north and it snow.  The ice went off the lake last week, but snow is still lurking in the shadows.

Indy Dave
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hmm, It's not so terrible in the sunlight. :java:

Welp . . . you got to see it before a K bike gently ran into the back him at a stop sign, scratching his special ordered black boxes. :ohboy:Neither of them dropped their bikes, could have been much worse.

• Sad 1

I want the Black Cases but do fear that even a minor dirt nap will show big-time.

Edit...

:cry: Dang, They just Banned ME on Adventure Rider!! :rofl:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Indy Dave

Here now, The News.

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The middle picture above should of been his clue. "Beware Close Parker On Board!!" :eek: :grin: The other K bike rider looks like he's saying, WTH...:dontknow:

• Like 1
Indy Dave

A nice guy I'd never met announced he would lead a ride [our local club], a buddy told me about it and we decided to give it a go. But - more showed up than anticipated and these kinds of things turn into a 'All Skate' event with everybody looking for something different and skill levels unknown for most riders. At lunch, I told my buddy we'd need to go our own way back :revit:. We were splitting off at that light in the video and we went home through the woods - as is my custom.

Not having given much thought beforehand, I was flabbergasted by the leader taking us on well traveled roads - now congested by weekend traffic. We were but boxcars in a train. We only got off the beaten path for the last 8 miles or so to lunch. :ohboy:

• Like 1

Sorry Terry, sometimes (ok most of the time) the only one who gets my sense of humor is me. My worry about scratching the black cases on a big bad adventure bike would probably draw scorn over at ADV. :grin:

ps..you made me hungry with that last post! :lick:

This unloved Mega Mansion is in Andover Ma. It was built and then abandoned for years, it appeared to sell and the grounds were all spruced up but, it's for sale again. :dontknow: I ride by it when I make my butcher run.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Seems like you have plenty of juice on hand to leave the lights on? :thumbsup:

Well, the battery is 13kw so I figure that fully charged I could leave the lights on for 9 days before I would need to recharge:)

• Like 1
On 5/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, Highway41 said:

First and second best looking bikes at Riding Into History:

Dang!  That Norton behind the Vincent got me to kick myself in the ass yet again.  I didn't buy my brother's Norton when he was hard up for cash in the mid 80's...$500.  Stupid, Stupid, Stupid me!    A true classic. An early '69 750 Commando Fast Back with the combat engine, candy red similar to this one except the oil tank and battery cover were also candy red.  It also had the round Villers badge on the tank instead of the decal.  If you go to my profile you can see that bike between the two BMWs

image.png.bdd1eb17748b8cff5902ac2b03e6dac1.png

• Like 1
roadscholar
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Cool trees! :thumbsup:

It's Mandarin Rd. Pat, follows a point in the river for about six miles. There's an aquifer that follows the river too and why the big oak trees grow along it, some are hundreds of years old. I live at about the halfway point (nearly 40 years) drive it several times a day and never tire of it. The little spur on the map is County Dock Rd. (still damaged from Hurricane Irma) that I photograph sometimes. Several spots where the road has to go around the trees.

49920DF5-4E13-44A9-8B13-0219A320221D.thumb.jpeg.be0c21d913d96c7012766c8edcd323c7.jpeg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NoN3mzHZg20R0yCGIU9oJrK6GQvvcHlX&usp=sharing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_(Jacksonville)

• Like 2

Soggy in SoCal

Nice to have good gear to deal with this. 

Abnormally wet 2018/2019 rain season.   

Unusual to have ave rain this late.  

5ACB24B8-904E-42AB-9CF8-0B7065D91D5C.jpeg

54A05AB8-0678-4406-9D51-10FC7A53A90E.jpeg

Looks worse than what it is. Fabio the barn cat lounging on my sunroof. Bastard..Release The Hounds! :D

image.jpg

Damn range anxiety....

Grabbing a few Eeee’s at a local hospital to insure I don’t have to push the last mile....

(Unlike the last time I faced this predicament)

Good advice on the sign:thumbsup:

60EBE205-39DB-4D34-8B65-B83C8CAC666D.jpeg

• Haha 1

“Smoooooth as Glass”

Cheating a bit here....

14 hrs late & a repeat from the last moon phase) but too nice of an image not to share.  

A92780D3-401B-45B4-B5E5-FFFE0FE2A7B8.jpeg

• Like 6
roadscholar
22 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

In Encinitas, CA. 

0AC96676-B02B-4D55-9C08-2C5C959D72D4.jpeg

Bill is Hansen's Surf Shop still there, it was just a hole in the wall when I was there in 60's. Don Hansen was back behind the counter sanding away on a surfboard, he made some good ones too.

Bill_Walker
4 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Bill is Hansen's Surf Shop still there,

Yep, still there and going strong, as far as I can tell. They’re also my local ski shop. 

• Like 1

Look forward to the ride along, the tale and the photographs! 

Have great and safe ride. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

GSJoe missed his connecting flight, so there's 4 of us together, with Joe arriving later.

IMG_5407.jpg

• Like 3

Kinsley braved the rain to ride up to meet the Clean Living Hoosiers. Excepting Yours Truly, the boys managed to arrive at breakfast 1.5 hours tardy. And in an Uber at that!! :3:

20190608_095238.thumb.jpg.42a8f40445317e7ad26ab81d105a1488.jpg

• Like 3