Right Now!

TEWKS

On 9/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, TEWKS said:

Not saying I’m ready for no bike rodeo but, it’s fun to practice. She’s actually 30 years old in January, I lied a little bit. :classic_biggrin:

Good to see the old girl out and running! Still looks good. Nice technique, reminds me I should get out and do a few exercises on mine even though I've been on it almost daily this summer. Never hurts to practice skills.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Ya,.....kudzu is not invasive,.....just non-native or more successful. 

We are rural, not even suburb, like acreage rural.  In my pastures, I have milkweed growing that is, after five years, under control. 

When she researched butterfly gardens, milkweed was a plant that was advised to put in the ground as a food source (a goal),......but neglected to say how easily it spreads and how hard it is to get rid of.  Anyway, they're in big pots now, so, the stuff that does come up gets a shot of roundup.

Roug, I never said non natives were not invasive.  The definition of an "invasive species" is a species that is 1) non native to the ecosystem under consideration and 2) the introduction of which causes or is likely to cause economic harm, environmental harm, or harm to human health.  Most non natives are invasive, kudzu being one of the worst.  You should know that some milkweeds are native to N. America and some are not.  The non natives tend to be more 'invasive' than the natives because they tend to exploit a niche environment that our natives don't use.  Once established, they tend to also out compete our natives because they have one or more attributes that our local veg has not evolved with and has no defense.  Think of small pox in the 1600's.  In Europe is was a nuisance.  When it came to the Americas it killed millions native people who's ecosystem had not experience and no defense.  New human habitat.  No competition.  No defense.

There are native and non native milkweeds.  Even some natives plants (milkweed included) can be what I call obnoxious weeds, but they are usually controllable.  The non native, invasive, noxious weeds are a huge problem.  Here's a bit of info on milkweed.  Milkweed for Monarchs (nwf.org)  Looks like it is pretty much an obnoxious weed.  Or as I like to call them not good or bad, simply a plant out of place.

4 hours ago, Red said:

Roug, I never said non natives were not invasive.  The definition of an "invasive species" is a species that is 1) non native to the ecosystem under consideration and 2) the introduction of which causes or is likely to cause economic harm, environmental harm, or harm to human health.  Most non natives are invasive, kudzu being one of the worst.  You should know that some milkweeds are native to N. America and some are not.  The non natives tend to be more 'invasive' than the natives because they tend to exploit a niche environment that our natives don't use.  Once established, they tend to also out compete our natives because they have one or more attributes that our local veg has not evolved with and has no defense.  Think of small pox in the 1600's.  In Europe is was a nuisance.  When it came to the Americas it killed millions native people who's ecosystem had not experience and no defense.  New human habitat.  No competition.  No defense.

There are native and non native milkweeds.  Even some natives plants (milkweed included) can be what I call obnoxious weeds, but they are usually controllable.  The non native, invasive, noxious weeds are a huge problem.  Here's a bit of info on milkweed.  Milkweed for Monarchs (nwf.org)  Looks like it is pretty much an obnoxious weed.  Or as I like to call them not good or bad, simply a plant out of place.

Its semantics.  "invasive" and "more successful".  What ye deem as "more successful" as a native plant, I'll go ahead and call it invasive due to it's ease at which it propagates itself and spreads. 

47 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Gourmet Truck Food! :yes:

Chick-fil-A Mac & Cheese / Nuggets / Buffalo sauce. Don’t knock it till ya…:)

image.thumb.jpeg.3b5051b9cb6d683b237ddc7394129690.jpeg

You'll be a 48 soon enough,.....shoulda bought the fashionable jacket!!  You coulda been on the red carpet of the Met Gala

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Pat  Just turned on my phone and watched them. Gonna get ahold of Oz today and set everything up . Guess I owe you one of these !

Ya, he really needs that!!

image.png.36e76155dc3af4777a108f6df5999612.png

• Haha 1