IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Just rode this back from Maine. A 2002 firefighter edition Road King. A workmate of mine just purchased it and wanted a shakedown (pun :classic_biggrin:) review. It was nice! :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.9e0e9809953f9574857c0108a756ce9d.jpeg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

A workmate of mine just purchased it and wanted a shakedown (pun :classic_biggrin:) review. It was nice! :dontknow:

Rough life eh

16 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Rough life eh

Somebody once said…Living the dream…;) :grin: 

Actually, and please don’t tell anyone this :) but, I had to jump through hoops like a circus performer to get those three free hours to help him out. :dopeslap: :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Somebody once said…Living the dream…;) :grin: 

Always!!!

2 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Actually, and please don’t tell anyone this :) but, I had to jump through hoops like a circus performer to get those three free hours to help him out. :dopeslap: :classic_biggrin:

Ya, rough life.....anyway, any trips that I have to make for work, the bike is the mode of transport......I get paid to ride it......although, that's been awhile,......covid ya know.

• Like 1

Nice bike! Something like this,

"Um, let me see if I can get away long enough to ride it back for you. Checked, yup, I'm good!"  ?

Little smoother than the old Electra Glide?

• Like 1

This thread made me think of something.  I know people see bikes a long ways from where they are they would like to purchase and or inspect.  Maybe we ought to start a forum for bike shuttling.  I am in one for airplanes.  I've shuttle airplanes for fun (expenses only) from Texas to CA, ID, FL, and La. The way it works is if you get a genuine request to inspect or shuttle you could respond.

For me, now retired, if someone found a bike nearby and wanted it ridden to their home I would be willing to do it for expenses only.  Retirement is good.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2
10 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Little smoother than the old Electra Glide?

Yup, might be hard to believe but they evolved (I know you know) quite a bit between 92 and 02.  It ran flawlessly actually, and now, I want a RK DAMN IT!!! :4331: :4323:

Funny I made an extra loop in town because I thought he was further behind than he actually was. Ring ring in the Sena, hey Pat everything ok? :classic_biggrin:

I did use some of it. :) Don’t think it’s working but :dontknow::classic_biggrin: 
At this stage of the game it’s just holding on to mobility. I missed the muscle building bus about ten years ago. 

7011F60C-33B8-400A-B0DF-5A1D00ACADD9.jpeg

edit…wait a minute…did you say fun? :rofl:

1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

I missed the muscle building bus about ten years ago. 

no you didn't, it just takes a bit harder work and less Q,.....at the very least, you're putting forth the effort

• Like 1

So Pete’s new Road King spent its first night in the station. Why do you care? Well you probably don’t, I just don’t have anything else interesting to say, is all. :rofl:

1E3E8495-820E-4880-A646-F87306F02DE2.jpeg

Those were all running examples, and on display for the St Louis Gateway IndyCar race. Spread out between a couple of days, most of those cars ran in various demonstration sessions.

• Like 1

Finally getting some saddle time in where I’m not dripping in sweat. This is Marshallberg. Claimed to be the east coasts cleanest waters. No tributaries and no industry 

E611EA97-5F48-4E65-A1AC-76EDB75128AF.jpeg

• Like 2

Got back from a 4 hr ride and decided I better give the ole lady some love. Took her out for a couple hrs.  BTW. Odyssey pc680 installed in it 10 and a half years ago. Cranked like new. No tender

C535D08E-C0A7-446C-BE1F-212B417B08ED.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Decided to stop off and do some gem finding,…..looking for the big nugget

image.jpg

Compost pile?

if so, that be gold alright!!

48 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Such a nice day for a hike, glad i have my backpack kit

image.jpg

Weed control?

If so aren’t you a little late? (already gone to seed). 

31 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Weed control?

If so aren’t you a little late? (already gone to seed). 

I dont weedeat thats diesel for around fencepost and ditch culverts 

i guess it’s pretty bad when the tractor gets washed more than any of the other five vehicles combined

Deck lubed with old oil

A4CC0AB7-973A-41D9-9A0C-FA59420BB2D5.jpeg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, ESokoloff said:

Compost pile?

if so, that be gold alright!!

Ya, that's the small pile.  I've got two.  The big pile has been getting turned every week to two weeks and is ready (been composting for eight months).  I had to build this second compartment so my horse people can have a place to put the fresh stuff.  Since they dont stall the horses at night, it takes awhile to build up as they use the barn more for a run-in

I got me a nice little manure spreader from craigslist for $200.  Put tubes in the dry rotted tires, replaced a couple of broke links on the deck chain and she's as good as new.

Gonna run that over the front yard in the near future.

• Like 1

Not saying I’m ready for no bike rodeo but, it’s fun to practice. She’s actually 30 years old in January, I lied a little bit. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Not saying I’m ready for no bike rodeo but, it’s fun to practice. She’s actually 30 years old in January, I lied a little bit. :classic_biggrin:

Pat that's a great slow speed manuever exercise, when rider's practice that it helps their ridng (and confidence) a lot. Particularly learning to off-road a GS standing on the pegs. If/when you get time maybe do it on the GS standing up with some 180's and figure 8's, key to the whole thing is what you were doing, look where you want to go.   

• Thanks 1

Well...

. After a few delays for motorcycle rides, family visiting etc etc... We are ready to drop the motor into the white BMW e28 528E....

20210903_171710.thumb.jpg.7dcc86195ebe64e488b3eb02274a3673.jpg

20210903_170405.thumb.jpg.d8db32919833b489acd1e7d3278dd590.jpg

20210904_121742.thumb.jpg.da5dcfe9aaea4fc80c1b097aefb8ca86.jpg

20210904_133939.thumb.jpg.1fd8806e1385a98267d8c3ddcebea18f.jpg

20210904_153428.thumb.jpg.118511fce683e53b4f250a3166ec5132.jpg

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Love your “Cement Pond” :) but what is thems? :dontknow:

chrysalis, the green thing dangling from the dental floss

• Like 1

The caterpillar's are like the below stock picture, so Monarchs.  We watched the above one climb our screen outside, go across the top and make its chrysalis.  Once it was done, the wife, snatched it  and tied it up inside.  Her garden is geared toward butterfly's and hummingbirds.  We've plenty of both flying around.  The first year she planted milkweed but didn't realize it was sooooooo invasive and we've been fighting that battle ever since.  So she's take the milkweed and put them in large pots.  The butterflys lay the eggs, the caterpillars hatch, eat up the milkweed, then crawl to a spot to make the chrysalis.  Trouble is finding the damned things.  Once we find them, she'll take them inside the screened porch to keep them safe from the predators (hopefully).  Last year, I watched one pop out,.....pretty neat.  Let it flutter about until its wings dried out then helped it out the door.  Yesterday, when I was working a project, one of her big pots had 12 of these caterpillars in it,......all fat and happy, today, three, and the above chrysalis had to be from that pot.

Monarch Butterfly Caterpillar

Invasive is a term usually reserved for non native species.  The fact that some native plants are more 'successful' than others does not mean they are 'invasive'.  Many native plants are not suitable for urban landscapes for a variety of reasons.  I pays to do your due diligence when putting any new plant in your landscape.  It may not be compatible with your goals.

2 hours ago, Red said:

Invasive is a term usually reserved for non native species.  The fact that some native plants are more 'successful' than others does not mean they are 'invasive'.  Many native plants are not suitable for urban landscapes for a variety of reasons.  I pays to do your due diligence when putting any new plant in your landscape.  It may not be compatible with your goals.

Ya,.....kudzu is not invasive,.....just non-native or more successful. 

We are rural, not even suburb, like acreage rural.  In my pastures, I have milkweed growing that is, after five years, under control. 

When she researched butterfly gardens, milkweed was a plant that was advised to put in the ground as a food source (a goal),......but neglected to say how easily it spreads and how hard it is to get rid of.  Anyway, they're in big pots now, so, the stuff that does come up gets a shot of roundup.

Kudzu is on the invasive species list according to  the N.C.ForestService.Gov. In fact it is considered that from Conn. to Fla. It is  becoming a problem in the Blue Ridge . Anyone riding Fart will certainly see it.

6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Ya,.....kudzu is not invasive,.....just non-native or more successful. 

We are rural, not even suburb, like acreage rural.  In my pastures, I have milkweed growing that is, after five years, under control. 

When she researched butterfly gardens, milkweed was a plant that was advised to put in the ground as a food source (a goal),......but neglected to say how easily it spreads and how hard it is to get rid of.  Anyway, they're in big pots now, so, the stuff that does come up gets a shot of roundup.

Good on her:thumbsup:

Monarchs are “hurting for certain” & can use all the help they can get.  
Just make sure that the milkweed variety is native to your area as the butterfly’s take cue’s from the plants as to when to start their migration. 

Good idea on putting it in pots, I might try that to get the plants starting. 

If I were King, owners of large areas of land (including Government municipalities) would be required to set aside a certain percentage of area to suport native species.  

We put in a 15 hour day, and *may or may not* have a few attitude adjustment beverages as the clock moved closer midnight.

We came to a hard stop and need to revisit what harness wires we need to short in order to engage the starter. This is a auto to manual conversion.

We installed some nice fancy bling red horns..

But once installed, discovered that the only person who's going to see the red bling would be someone you ran over.

20210904_213306.thumb.jpg.28f26ffc777f0238075c377bb094f175.jpg

20210904_152804.thumb.jpg.6ba4ff816f2431e7819b3b98294e2b5f.jpg

20210904_223748.thumb.jpg.8fddbf1c79ee2ccc3414b83e6ee8ed82.jpg

• Like 4