IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

It looks like the waterholes in the nearby bush have dried up, this mum and dad have come down to our pond for a drink. The half grown joey was to shy to come  near.

Dave

Australia

1020910.jpg

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Has to be the shadow of a real dog,..........and a German Shepard

8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

No, the “mouse” casts a very large shadow. :grin:

Rex.

image.thumb.jpeg.201ecba7ad4b6518c242864d58b5a245.jpeg

Read my statement again,....slowly and in context,.....hopefully, you get it.  Nice German Shepard.

I agree she is a mouse, and would make a nice Yorkiesnack for a Rottie. :grin:

Yeah, Rex would have movie star good looks if not for a floppy ear. 

Funny, I had a female shepherd years ago that had the same floppy ear. Somebody said it was “Ginger” giving me a wink. ;)

Let me type it slower.......sometimes my humor be a bit dry.

Has to be the shadow of a real dog   (shadow number 1)

,..........and a German Shepard (shadow number 2)

Over Your Head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

More like...:classic_biggrin:

Oh wait just a minute... ”a real dog” :D 

Mebbee, you breath too much smoke

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Mebbee, you breath too much smoke

No, they don’t allow that anymore (safety police) but way back in the day, those #2 lead pencils sure were mighty tasty. :facepalm:

Speaking of smoke, this in Boston yesterday. The really interesting part about one of the firefighters making the rescue, his retired father made a similar rescue back in 85. Talk about living up to and making proud a legendary figure in your life! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Maybe a few more years to start thinking seriously, ;) but the opportunities are almost endless! :thumbsup:

Oh, hope you don't think that fuzzy headed boy is a girl,.....

6 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Oopsie, don’t tell. :classic_blush:

It's ok, I fuss at his mother to cut his hair,......she puts it in a toddler bun most days.

• Like 1

I see how they black out the masks for heavy smoke, is that completely blacked out.

When we do helo dunker training, we have to wear completely blacked out goggles, simulating going down in the drink at night......just be confident, and "sense" when there is no movement around you lest you get kicked in the head by the spastics trying to get out.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I see how they black out the masks for heavy smoke, is that completely blacked out.

That is how they wanted it. Sometimes you got lucky by not getting caught with a corner peeled or scratched giving you a slight bit of sight. (If you’re not cheating you‘re not trying:classic_biggrin: I will say that was the toughest part of the academy. If you’re even a slight bit claustrophobic, you’re going to have to work through it or go home. I worked through it. ;)

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Ya, I think I would’ve been one of the spastics!! :rofl:

Ya just gotta get over the going upside down, you get that, the rest is easy. 

• Like 1

One more then we can resume the “right now theme” :classic_biggrin:. Somewhere near the end of the academy training they put you in what was called a “drager maze”. Basically a three level cage with trapdoors that you had to navigate through in the dark. (completely dark) Anyway, at the very end there was a pipe you had to wiggle through. (about nine feet long) You couldn’t fit with your air pack on so you had to push it through in front of you while still on air.

Funny, after you made it, the instructors let you view the next person coming through. Their eyes were WIDE open searching for any clue as to which way to travel. 

This is much more confined and to be honest, it’d probably freak me out today. :classic_ohmy:

That hole is too big!!!

Camp LeJeunes MOUT facility (Military Operations in Urban Terrain), has drain pipes quite similar to that.  Miserably tight, but we wasn't afforded the "escape pull rope",.....and luckily, didn't have to wear any type of mask to go through, but were in full battle rattle.  At one point, when you exit the pipe there's about a five foot drop, you have zero visibility, so for "safety's sake",  a chem light was put at the base of the drop to aid you in judging your distance,......ya, that don't work too much.  I exited the pipe, misjudged the distance, flat foot landed, immediately went numb from feet to waist and fell over in the muck.  All the nerves in my legs were briefly gone for a few seconds.......joy, joy, joy.

It's called Mayberry:

Leaked Documents Reveal Marine Corps 'Urban Training ...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Nice.  I still love that color.  That color ranks second behind red.   

Thanks William! A great bike for sure! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

This is actually right now. ;)

Good-looking bike, for sure. 

CAUTION!: there's no pavement under that RT's tires.

• Haha 1

And that be the biggest dilemma in my bike brain right now. I love this RT every time I take it out but dirt or gravel roads have been a huge destination draw in my riding lately. Oh what to do... :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

I get that.  I am thinking that my 3rd bike will, most likely, end up being a GS.   Who knows?   Time will tell.  If you keep up with those GS postings, I might end up on the dirty side.  :dance:

• Like 2

Yes, and beginning to come to the realization that you can only ride one at a time. ;) OMG.....I’m beginning to sound like my wife...HELP!!!!:rofl:

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yes, and beginning to come to the realization that you can only ride one at a time. ;) OMG.....I’m beginning to sound like my wife...HELP!!!!:rofl:

Ya, ideally, I'd like the GS, RT and S bike,.....not a cruiser type,.....but, the practicality struck me, so got rid of the S-bike for the GSA

• Like 1

Yeah, the GSA makes the most sense for how I like to travel. :thumbsup: My indecisiveness is getting very costly though. The last three near trades went like this.
2018 Two for one even trade. 

2019 Two for one plus $4K

2021 Two for one plus $10.5K :eek:

Having a hard time feeling that last one. :(

34 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah, the GSA makes the most sense for how I like to travel. :thumbsup: My indecisiveness is getting very costly though. The last three near trades went like this.
2018 Two for one even trade. 

2019 Two for one plus $4K

2021 Two for one plus $10.5K :eek:

Having a hard time feeling that last one. :(

Ya, the GSA is an all around and I find it more comfortable sitting than the rt,....just the rt, since I cracked 100k, I now want to hit 200k with it.

Anyway, if it boiled down to just two, money no issues, GSA and S bike. 

• Like 1
On 12/4/2020 at 2:16 PM, TEWKS said:

And that be the biggest dilemma in my bike brain right now. I love this RT every time I take it out but dirt or gravel roads have been a huge destination draw in my riding lately. Oh what to do... :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

How about just putting some knobbies on the RT? Might be fine for dirt and gravel roads.

M.

1 hour ago, NumbHands said:

How about just putting some knobbies on the RT? Might be fine for dirt and gravel roads.

M.

May I introduce you to Indy Dave... ;)  Road Tool meets mud puddle. :classic_biggrin: Ps...I’m not chuckling at his expense, that was a legendary crash! :clap:

20FBD773-A9F0-4FEC-8E45-8994B30FA01C.jpeg

On 12/4/2020 at 12:49 PM, TEWKS said:

This is actually right now. ;)

339F6BF6-C189-402E-A473-394AAF45E110.jpeg

I say BMW really screwed up by not offering those Black wheels! That makes the bike look tough as nails!!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Stop on the way home from lunch in Moultrie, GA.

509 mile ride today

.IMG_0247.thumb.jpeg.fa5dec4f607b4d5c793ad6837caab1a8.jpeg

I miss going to the swap meet twice a year when I was stationed in Agony, Ga