IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Half a mile from my house. 31,000 miles $13,000 or BO. :whistle: Bill, you make these German four wheelers look like a lot of fun! :grin:

image.jpeg

• Like 2
roadscholar
17 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Half a mile from my house. 31,000 miles $13,000 or BO. :whistle: Bill, you make these German four wheelers look like a lot of fun! :grin:

image.jpeg

Looks good Pat, is it an M3, I can’t tell because the wheels aren’t OEM. If so and a manual it looks like a great deal (assuming all else is good). If it’s an SMG box you should do some research beforehand, see if that’s for you (they’re expensive to repair if the pump fails).

I didn't see any M badging on it but it sure looked like it's been garaged all its life, clean! :thumbsup: Now for a reality check, I guess after tuition for the son is paid and we can keep the little one's equestrian costs in check I might start looking for that "cool dad's car". (cool dad, yeah right) :grin:

If that ever comes into play, it might have to be a Porsche though. It's coming up on 40 years of wanting one, well not as much as wanting a diverse collection of motorcycles I guess, but YKWIM. :grin:

image.jpeg

roadscholar

Yeah it’s a 325i, still a fun car but 3-5k over market at least here in the Southeast. Delayed gratification, good : )

• Thanks 1

Western Fence Lizard.  

I hike a couple times/wk in the SM Mts and these guys are out enforce in the warm weather.  Ticks carry less Lyme Disease in areas populated by these guys, as a protein in their blood kills the bacterium in the tick's stomach.

IMG_7223web.thumb.jpg.89f261e0d178b7100122557219d1e390.jpg

And a Spotted Towhee, also in SM Mts.

IMG_6962web.thumb.jpg.f8eef6ee4f6141e585a7908e8abca199.jpg

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, longjohn said:

Western Fence Lizard.  

I hike a couple times/wk in the SM Mts and these guys are out enforce in the warm weather.  Ticks carry less Lyme Disease in areas populated by these guys, as a protein in their blood kills the bacterium in the tick's stomach.

IMG_7223web.thumb.jpg.89f261e0d178b7100122557219d1e390.jpg

Well that's two things about Blue Belly's that I didn't know (their proper name being the first). 

13 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Well that's two things about Blue Belly's that I didn't know (their proper name being the first). 

Haha, I have yet to see one upside down.:grin:

On 7/21/2019 at 1:36 PM, TEWKS said:

I didn't see any M badging on it but it sure looked like it's been garaged all its life, clean! :thumbsup: Now for a reality check, I guess after tuition for the son is paid and we can keep the little one's equestrian costs in check I might start looking for that "cool dad's car". (cool dad, yeah right) :grin:

If that ever comes into play, it might have to be a Porsche though. It's coming up on 40 years of wanting one, well not as much as wanting a diverse collection of motorcycles I guess, but YKWIM. :grin:

image.jpeg

Had a 2003 325i sedan (5 speed). E46 is my favorite 3 series. Manual or auto?

16 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Had a 2003 325i sedan (5 speed). E46 is my favorite 3 series. Manual or auto?

I didn't even look. :dontknow: As silly as that may sound with it being a big factor in who could operate the car. It was missing yesterday so it possibly sold or just tucked back into its garage because of incoming weather.

25 minutes ago, Marty Hill said:

Pat, wait for the right P car.  there is no substitute!:18:

I wholeheartedly believe that Marty! :wave:

9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I didn't even look. :dontknow: As silly as that may sound with it being a big factor in who could operate the car. It was missing yesterday so it possibly sold or just tucked back into its garage because of incoming weather.

Car is sold. Showed it to my wife. She wanted it.

• Sad 1

Funny thing about the Blackstrap Farm. My cousin who was a city girl growing up now owns and runs it with her husband & daughter. Now that's whatcha call out countrying a country boy. :grin: (as we were known by them growing up)

5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Funny thing about the Blackstrap Farm. My cousin who was a city girl growing up now owns and runs it with her husband & daughter. Now that's whatcha call out countrying a country boy. :grin: (as we were known by them growing up)

Anymore thoughts of moving down here?

6 minutes ago, Living the Dream said:

Anymore thoughts of moving down here?

Almost daily but a 9 y/o in school and being glued down to a couple of jobs makes it a pipe dream at the moment. Besides my dream place in Taylorsville sold last year. A bit more freedom in the future and I'm going to adventure down and peek around. :thumbsup:

Edit...Wow 73 acres, Nice! :revit:

11 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Almost daily but a 9 y/o in school and being glued down to a couple of jobs makes it a pipe dream at the moment. Besides my dream place in Taylorsville sold last year. A bit more freedom in the future and I'm going to adventure down and peek around. :thumbsup:

Edit...Wow 73 acres, Nice! :revit:

Meh, my kids went through several schools by the time they were nine, kids are pliable, they can adjust.

I was going to link you to a smaller place with a better price, 68 acres at $299k but it's under contingent.  Nice little three bedroom that would need to be brought from the 70's to current looks but,.......68 acres!!!  If that had been on the market when we were looking we'da jumped on it, seeing as how we tore down damn near every interior wall in the house we did buy,......gotta love trussed houses, no interior load bearing walls

1 hour ago, Living the Dream said:

Meh, my kids went through several schools by the time they were nine, kids are pliable, they can adjust.

Yeah most are. Richard I don't think you've ever met one like Kiley. :rofl: Now with that kind of acreage I could be just like Travis Pastrana. You know, the same just without the skill set, balls and money. :classic_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah most are. Richard I don't think you've ever met one like Kiley. :rofl: Now with that kind of acreage I could be just like Travis Pastrana. You know, the same just without the skill set, balls and money. :classic_biggrin:

Ya, my brothers were pissed everytime they had to get my little RM60 back running when I throttled it into a pond........invincible I was at 11.

Tell her you have many acres and horses to choose from ;)  If you ever meet my fiercely independent, headstrong, stubborn, social butterfly, miss popularity oldest daughter, you'd know what I had to handle when moving,....either way, methought the parents were the boss:5147::18:

• Like 1

Little detour on my way home yesterday through LA (Lower Alabama).  Second time my Starbucks special has been dirty. 

20190801_153523.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Living the Dream said:

....either way, methought the parents were the boss:5147::18:

Haha, that must be a southern thing! ;) 

Sometimes it feels like the inmates control the asylum, up here. :grin: Oh wait, wrong emoji....:cry: Half kidding but headstrong is a near perfect description. 

roadscholar
6 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Little detour on my way home yesterday through LA (Lower Alabama).  Second time my Starbucks special has been dirty. 

20190801_153523.jpg

Dirt happens..

• Like 3
4 hours ago, roadscholar said:

I doubt the people of Tewksbury realize how lucky they are.  :thumbsup:

Yeah... but do they REALLY know... I mean he rides a motorcycle!  

And owns more than one! And has children!  :jaw:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, LBump said:

Yeah... but do they REALLY know... I mean he rides a motorcycle!  

And owns more than one! And has children!  :jaw:

IMG_6962web.thumb.jpg.f8eef6ee4f6141e585a7908e8abca199.jpg

photo by longjohn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Monkey Business! :4907:

Is it wrong to like a motorcycle because it's cute? :grin: RV Campers would love these things. North Reading Motorsports has a few of the silly buggers in stock. 

image.jpg

RandyShields

I've always loved the look of the HD dressers.  I found myself years ago going into the garage after a couple of beers to admire the lines of my Road King and, later, an Ultra Classic.  The performance and suspension on both led me to move to a RT in 2002, but I still admire their design.

• Like 1

I rolled out my 92 ultra today and it happened to lead me back to the hog-pen. :grin: Now, It's never gonna have the performance of a modern-day BMW but, if used as intended it's enjoyable. (to me anyway) The new ones are light years better but holy shites batman, $34,000 bucks for the paint job that makes me weak in the knees. :facepalm: Edit...they do include the bike for that price I guess. ;)

image.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

20190824_185430.thumb.jpg.5817e05272b30445f0db2573ebad8ac8.jpg

Somebody needs to tell those guys with the Corvettes that they're going the wrong way.