IGNORED

New member- Hello from Scotland

russ1150

Hi I have owned a R1150RS for the last year I love the bike. 

It is my first BMW - and I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first but its great in so many ways. I have a few questions as I was used to bikes with carbs and not electronic injection. 

So comfortable and capable though so I am hoping to stick with it - 3-4k power delivery can be a bit stuttery but pulls like a train at higher revs, sometimes stalls as slow down to a stop , and from cold the bike is not very good frequently stuttering and stalling . It wasn't like this when I got it had about 6 months of faultless performance . My initial research is leading me to suspect the throttle position sensor? but open to other suggestions?  Thanks

beemer web.jpg

Welcome!  Nice looking RS.  I can't help with your issue but someone will be along shortly that can.  Lots of good people with good information here.

Second new Scotsmen on the board today, welcome! :wave: Same as John, probably can't help diagnose your problem but give it a few, dirtrider to the rescue! :5147::18:

Can say be careful, here's the bike that started the addiction. And, it kinda looks like yours! :eek:

image.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the board! 

You might get a quicker response to your tech questions if you post in the Oilheads forum, if you haven't already done so.

Welcome from Santa Cruz on the central coast of California where we are enjoying cold and rain at the moment. But spring is just around the corner. 

Miguel

Welcome to the club!  The wife and I hope to do a motorbike trip in Scotland, possibly in 2020.   Nice looking RS, by the way.

As for the performance issue, I would start by looking at the plug leads to check for cracked insulation.   Spark leakage can occur where the wire is closest to the head.   Another place to look is to check for air leaks around the intake tubes.  Dry rubber or cracks will allow vacuum leaks, which will disrupt the air/fuel mix.

Just some thoughts until the experts can chime in.

Cheers,

Wiliam

21 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Welcome to the board! 

You might get a quicker response to your tech questions if you post in the Oilheads forum, if you haven't already done so.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, and yes that's a good idea I'll do that!