Sign in to follow this  
dirtrider

Strange A showing up in quote & posting

dirtrider

When I made a new post with quote yesterday these strange A's appeared in both the quote & my posting.  

The red underline was added by me in this picture to highlight the problem.

I want back in & edited my post to remove the A's (they showed up by themselves a couple hours AFTER my reply was posted).

Strange Change.JPG

chrisolson

Well, that's a good one .... particularly since they showed up after .  :5146: Don't have a handy answer but I'll see if I can find anything.  If it happens again, post here before you edit it.

dirtrider
6 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

Well, that's a good one .... particularly since they showed up after .  :5146: Don't have a handy answer but I'll see if I can find anything.  If it happens again, post here before you edit it.

The post is still there with the quoted part unedited.

chrisolson

Ahh Ok, I misunderstood.  Try highlighting all the text in the quote and then click the Tx symbol on the edit menu (4th from last) . That should clear any extraneous formatting.  Doesn't explain why its there

dirtrider
19 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

Ahh Ok, I misunderstood.  Try highlighting all the text in the quote and then click the Tx symbol on the edit menu (4th from last) . That should clear any extraneous formatting.  Doesn't explain why its there

OK, tried that & no change.

Orig posting

chrisolson

It was worth a try ... but as its apparently part of the actual text (rather than a formatting issue) that was ineffective.  Manually editing them out would be the only option.    

Still, how they got there is a mystery.  Their placement is also inconsistent. 

Nothing so far other than a vague possibility its a character encoding issue and although that sorta makes sense, hard to explain the "after post effect" .  

So for now, unresolved.

dirtrider
5 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

It was worth a try ... but as its apparently part of the actual text (rather than a formatting issue) that was ineffective.  Manually editing them out would be the only option.    

Still, how they got there is a mystery.  Their placement is also inconsistent. 

Nothing so far other than a vague possibility its a character encoding issue and although that sorta makes sense, hard to explain the "after post effect" .  

So for now, unresolved.

I should probably qualify the "after post effect". It wasn't there 'right' after posting but was there when I rechecked the posting a couple of hours later.

It's not a big deal to me, I just wanted to bring it to your attention.