IGNORED

Wethead forum broken?

Bill_Walker

I was just going through the forums, and all the forums worked fine, but when I clicked on the Wethead forum, I got this:

1304275403_ScreenShot2019-02-06at6_28_33PM.thumb.png.a18c72cba4de6ea4b42f863d07094adb.png

I tried reloading the page.  I tried going back and looking at other forums and then returning, and got the same thing.

I've experienced that same issue with other sites ... I attribute it to "ghosts in the machine"  ... random cloud related internet crap that just happens now and then.

If however its persistent, that's a different story.  

Yeah, I've seen it other places, too.  Usually, reloading the page has been enough to get rid of it.  That didn't work here.  Even going and looking at other forums and then coming back didn't do it.  And then I went back to the home page by clicking the link at the top, and went back to Wetheads, and it worked.  Go figure.

One thing I've often seen this behavior with is loading a URL using http that was meant to be loaded using https, or vice versa.  That wasn't the case here, though.

1 hour ago, Bill_Walker said:

went back to the home page by clicking the link at the top and went back to Wetheads, and it worked.

I don't know the complete architecture but most likely heavily cached.  I believe clicking either on home or the banner reloads the entire site and maybe banished the "ghost"  :dontknow:

• Like 1

I've not had that problem here, but on some other sites, I can get that sort of result if my ad blocker is in effect.  Here, I've turned off the ad blocker because it hides the "share" icon on each post and I also had a problem replying to a private message.  And, there are no ads to block!

20 hours ago, lkraus said:

I've not had that problem here, but on some other sites, I can get that sort of result if my ad blocker is in effect.

I don't use an ad blocker, so that wasn't it.  Some kind of glitch, anyway.