IGNORED

Music videos I like...show me yours.

Whip

This version of Lennon's Yer Blues post Beatles in very cool.  It has an amazing group that played together one time!  It is off the movie/album  Rolling Stone Rock & Roll Circus. A truly odd creation, with circus bits between the performances.  About 15 years ago I bought it as a cut out for $7. it is an amazing snap shot of Rock music at that time.  If you find a copy it is worth the purchase.

image.png.bb7a67f6a296afb187dbb121fa1d8564.png

Watching Clapton, Lennon and Richards play together is a jaw dropper:jaw:

roadscholar
1 hour ago, Paul De said:

This is a little of a cheat. it is a video of a great song done by two icons but the song was only an audio tape

I went to high school with that guy.

• Like 2

Thank you for that!

I hear and read comments about "metal" bands having no talent. Obviously they don't listen to the ones I do!

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently some of the younger set may not be familiar since I was waiting on some work for our Motorhome and this was playing on their screen. One of the young shop guys breezed through and simply asked “who’s that?”  Remember folks, teach them while they’re young before they grow up and throw shame on their upbringing. 

• Like 1

There's never been a bigger Pink Floyd fan than me - heard them for the first time as a ten yr old boy in 1972 and been listening ever since............so much great music to choose from......DSOTM is my favourite album, and here's a track I've always loved.......

.......and this song is very poignant..........Roger Waters....... always been a military history buff, and this really brings home the reality of war to my mind.......

.....I visited Wells in Somerset (incidentally that is where I purchased my current bike too),  and whilst I was there I paid my respects to Harry Patch who is featured in the song above as he was interviewed by Roger Waters.........

image.thumb.png.68dd842b159de0ba5832639f11b916f8.png Steve

• Like 1

..........and this is epic..........

Edited by Steve1962
  • Like 2

Duane Allman again, with some other chap belting out some great vocals..........

A couple more from me.....

This is my favourite version of this track.......

And when I first heard this at school, I went straight out and bought the album.......what a track.......

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Game of Thrones theme,.....with a twist.

The composer, along with some modern guitar greats.

Genghis Blues

On 2/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, Groanup said:

I've had a lot of free time lately. Discovered Mongolian Throat Singing...

Free time and YouTube is a dangerous combination.

About 20 years ago a documentary, Genghis Blues was released about Paul Pena, a blind SF blues singer, who taught himself Tuvan throat singing while listening to Radio Moscow broadcasts on shortwave. Pena was "discovered" by Tuvan throat singer Kongar-ol Ondar while on tour of the USA. He was invited to participate in the 1995 Tuvan national throat singing competition. Pena won first place in one of the categories — a horse, which is just what a blind guy from San Francisco needs.

Part of being a great musician is knowing when to shut up and playing just what needs to be there and nothing more. I have always admired Neil Peart’s approach to this song. It starts so subtle and builds to wonderful crescendo. The Professor. 

• 4 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

Not a music video in the usual sense, but this is still interesting.  It requires a bit of setup.  First, watch just the first seven seconds of this clip from Tropic Thunder, which features Robert Downey Jr. portraying a white Australian actor who is method-acting as a black man (yeah, you read that right):

OK, now that you've taken in those seven seconds, watch as Yuri Wong massages that same audio clip and shapes it into a dumb-but-inexplicably-pleasing chillwave song using an astonishingly powerful and portable OP-1 synthesizer/sequencer/sampler/recorder (if you want to hear the final mix, played over scenes from the movie, fast-forward to the 4:00 mark):

:

The process was fascinating; the actual "music" has little to recommend itself. All that effort for such a piece of crap.

4 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Not a music video in the usual sense, but this is still interesting.  It requires a bit of setup.  First, watch just the first seven seconds of this clip from Tropic Thunder, which features Robert Downey Jr. portraying a white Australian actor who is method-acting as a black man (yeah, you read that right):

OK, now that you've taken in those seven seconds, watch as Yuri Wong massages that same audio clip and shapes it into a dumb-but-inexplicably-pleasing chillwave song using an astonishingly powerful and portable OP-1 synthesizer/sequencer/sampler/recorder (if you want to hear the final mix, played over scenes from the movie, fast-forward to the 4:00 mark):

:

Nice and relaxing, good little tune.

If you like relaxing/mellowing out tunes, I suggest a bit of Blank and Jones.

• 2 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

If you were a fan of the Heavy Metal film, you'll probably appreciate the style of animation in this video:

Here's a high-minded but seemingly sensible analysis of the video content (note, contains occasional profanity):

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...