IGNORED

Music videos I like...show me yours.

Whip

I'm trying to learn how to use this forum.  I was easily able to embed the above music videos which I had recently reviewed,  since I like the 'good old days' of music so much.  I also like to an extent Kid Rock tho' I never heard any of his music.  And Ted Nugent, who's first song I liked a lot.  But then I'm from Michigan so maybe that's it. 

But I also lived in southern California for 45 years and also liked the Beach Boys.

I would have put text before those videos, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

dc

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, David13 said:

I also like to an extent Kid Rock tho' I never heard any of his music. 

dc

here you go, early Kid Rock

I don't want to contaminate my appreciation for Kid Rock by listening to his music.  Also, that title doesn't interest me.

As to the text, either before or after the embed, yes, I would have, but couldn't even find anything for that.  But I may have discovered it.  There is an X which I thought might erase the embed, but discovered it doesn't, it then takes you to the post.  Maybe there one could add text, or put all 3 videos on the same post.  Always good to learn something new every day.

dc

2 minutes ago, David13 said:

I don't want to contaminate my appreciation for Kid Rock by listening to his music.  Also, that title doesn't interest me.

As to the text, either before or after the embed, yes, I would have, but couldn't even find anything for that.  But I may have discovered it.  There is an X which I thought might erase the embed, but discovered it doesn't, it then takes you to the post.  Maybe there one could add text, or put all 3 videos on the same post.  Always good to learn something new every day.

dc

You gotta listen to the story. 

The music is how Kid Rock got his start.  His beginnings are in the world of hip-hop. 

Sometimes the video makes the music. While I am not a Primus fan boy, for some reason I find the need to click on one of their videos when Youtubing......

Yes, it is sort of like those weird Clown commercials that freak my wife out......

But there is something there that entertains........

• Like 1

Think I posted this before but I grew up with this guy and still one of my favorites (saw Cream at the Hollywood Bowl 1967).

Joe Frickin' Friday

We're used to movies being scored with full orchestral music these days.  But in the silent-film era, that wasn't really an option.  If you were lucky, your local cinema had a theatre organ.  Still, theatre organs were pretty impressive instruments in their own right.  Here's a solid example, with the main title music from Star Wars (and Raiders of the Lost Ark) rendered on a theatre organ.  I like this because he didn't just try to mimic the original orchestral arrangement; it's been re-styled to better suit the nature of the organ.  

Best viewer comment below the video:  "Just imagine for a momment it's 1925 and Star Wars has just premiered (directed by Fritz Lang)."

*(Never heard of Fritz Lang?  He directed Metropolis,  an epic science-fiction film from that era that has had enduring cultural influences.)

.........David Gilmour with a track called Red sky at night  accompanied by some snaps I've taken that some of you may have seen before...............

My all-time favorite music video, from the early MTV era, because of the way it pokes fun at the lip-syncing of music videos.  

I like a lot of these.  Some I've heard before, some new.  Nice collections.

Here's one I like:

Listening a lot to various blues lately.  Came across a number of compilations.  I would put one here, but it is an hour+ so instead I'll just point to it.   (if I can figure out how to do that!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfHN_8WqNQo

(took a couple of tries, but there it is)

It's one of a series of 8; or at least that's as many as I've come across.

Enjoy!

The owner of this vid keep taking it down, but here goes.  The best version of this song that I know of, it was recorded shortly before they were married.

I always thought it odd that Glen Campbell supposedly wrote this song, as he is not that well known as a songwriter.  But then I found out that he just wrote the music to accompany this poem from the 18th or 19th century.  Anyway I love this.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:51 AM, Living the Dream said:

Some bands, actually care: Five Finger Death Punch!

OMG! I love Five Finger Deatch Punch! It´s my favourite band:classic_love:

• 1 month later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

Ronald Jenkees is a bit of an odd fellow, but he definitely knows his way around a (musical) keyboard.  He's posted several videos of his performances, and I enjoy watching the music pour out of this guys hands.  Here, Try The Bass:

A couple of other good ones: