IGNORED

Classifieds

Bill_Walker

I’m not loving the division of classifieds into three separate categories. We don’t have such a large volume of ads to make it necessary, and now I’ve got three subforums to scan instead of just one. 

9 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

and now I’ve got three subforums to scan instead of just one. 

You can create a custom activity "Stream" that will show all or all unread activity across all the  Classified subforums at once so you don't have to do that.

5 hours ago, chrisolson said:

You can create a custom activity "Stream" that will show all or all unread activity across all the  Classified subforums at once so you don't have to do that.

I guess I'll have to look into how to do that.  I'll admit I haven't RTFM.  Or RTFFAQ.

8 hours ago, eddd said:

Right now it might not seem all that necessary, but as unsold items start to accumulate it might make things easier.  

Could be, but I never felt the desire for it to be split on the old site.  Then again, I'm generally just browsing, not looking for something specific.

The FAQ on creating a stream shows an option to "narrow by forums", which looks like what I'd need to create a stream containing the three classified subforums. But the actual page for creating a stream doesn't show the "narrow by forums" option, and I can see no way to restrict it to certain forums.

46 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

"narrow by forums" option, and I can see no way to restrict it to certain forums.

Yep not quite obvious , but .. click on the gear thingy

.1632740990_ScreenShot2019-02-02at3_11_58PM.thumb.png.bdd66b96e51c90793d8fe71d61917bda.png

2007144528_ScreenShot2019-02-02at3_14_17PM.thumb.png.4266ba29bec8fec90e03314ccc58eff7.png

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I would appreciate someone reminding me how to "refresh" my classified ad in order to get it back up to the top.  I believe it's been called, "Bumping?"

On 1/14/2020 at 7:20 PM, Rinkydink said:

You can reply to your ad yourself by lowering the price, additional pics, or more pertinent info etc. 

You can also just give yourself a bump after a period of time with no response.  There are no specific time or other requirements, but we are relying on posters to self-regulate and not overuse that option.  I mark items "sold" but don't delete them for a few days so others who may have been following an item know what transpired.  Deleting the items keeps classifieds focused on what is still available.

Ed

Staff