IGNORED

FYI: Tire prices.

steve.foote

I'm just passing this on for general information.  I just bought new shoes for the GS and shopped several well know internet sources.  The best pricing for a set of TKC70's was from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and Dennis Kirk.  They ended up costing exactly the same after shipping ($280.76 plus tax).  Other vendors I looked at were Revzilla, ChapMoto, Bike Bandit and MotoSport which were $50-$80 more expensive.  I even checked Amazon.  Don't bother checking Amazon. :3:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RightSpin said:

... I even checked Amazon.  Don't bother checking Amazon. :3:

I'm sure that was true for your situation right now, but I always check Amazon.  I have purchased tires from them several times when they were the best price for what I was after.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, eddd said:

I'm sure that was true for your situation right now, but I always check Amazon.  I have purchased tires from them several times when they were the best price for what I was after.  

Same here - and the prices on amazon change very regularly....so I guess I’d never say don’t check amazon, just maybe don’t expect them to always be cheaper. 

• Like 1

Ed, I'll keep that in mind about Amazon.  I did check them and the prices were silly high, so high it was laughable, but I've seen that before on other things too. 

I'm exploring a website called camelcamelcamel.com that is supposed to show price history and watch for sales on things you are interested in.  Of course their site is currently broken, so I have no idea if it's useful or not.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:07 AM, RightSpin said:

I'm just passing this on for general information.  I just bought new shoes for the GS and shopped several well know internet sources.  The best pricing for a set of TKC70's was from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and Dennis Kirk.  They ended up costing exactly the same after shipping ($280.76 plus tax).  Other vendors I looked at were Revzilla, ChapMoto, Bike Bandit and MotoSport which were $50-$80 more expensive.  I even checked Amazon.  Don't bother checking Amazon.

Afternoon RightSpin

I use a lot of tires per year so always do extensive research before buying. It usually comes down to either Rocky Mountain or Revzilla & in most cases Revzilla wins as no tax & I usually have $20 or $30 (or more) in Zilla dollars to take off the top.

Like you, I haven't found Amazon to be anywhere close in the last few years, plus they usually charge sales tax.

I have, in the past, got  Revzilla to price match so that can lower it a bit more (doesn't hurt to ask).

In my area it usually doesn't matter who I buy from as most big tire retailers just drop ship to me from  the very same Tucker Rocky   wholesaler   close to me.

I pretty well know my yearly tire usage so usually buy 3 or 4 sets at a time so I have them on hand (just before X-Mas I found a super great deal on TKC 80's for a couple of my road worthy dirt bikes)  plus I had a sizable Zilla dollar built up from the  last large tire purchase  so I bought enough in advance for a year (3 sets per bike) usage. (BIG bucks but lowest I have paid for TKC 80's in many years). Amazon was sky high on same tire sets plus they charged sales tax.

I ALWAYS research first as the cheapest place today might be the 3rd cheapest tomorrow. But I know what tires I will be needing in the future so when I find a super good deal I jump on it right then  even if I won't need the tires for 6 months.  

• Like 2