IGNORED

1150 engine specifications, help please?

SJ David

OK so the specs I have are 95hp@7250rpm, 72.3 ftbls torque @ 5500 rpms.

What information I am looking for is a hp and torque chart showing hp and torque in comparison to rpms.

engine weight, just the engine weight also .

Does anyone have this info?

Thanks

David

13 minutes ago, SJ David said:

OK so the specs I have are 95hp@7250rpm, 72.3 ftbls torque @ 5500 rpms.

What information I am looking for is a hp and torque chart showing hp and torque in comparison to rpms.

engine weight, just the engine weight also .

Does anyone have this info?

Thanks

David

Afternoon David

You will have to find someone that has run the engine (without other drivetrain) on a trusted ambient correct dyno.

Most data that is available is from the rear wheel & that won't give you direct engine data as it goes through the trans & final drive.

I have some old 1150 rear wheel data (if I can find it) but that was done on a rolling drum dyno so pretty useless for the info that you want.

thanks for the reply, I have seen a few charts with the bike on a dyno and in each gear, all pretty close, 4th and 5th gear seem to be the closest with all charts I have seen showing 50ftlsb torque and 53hp. I am hoping someone has better data.

Thanks again

David

Huh, is that common/expected to lose ~50% HP through tranny & driveshaft?  Do MotoGP racebikes do any better, or is that pretty much what happens to everybody?  How about cars?  Auto vs. manual transmission?  I don't really have any sense for how much you pay to go through various mechanical systems.

1 hour ago, spacewrench said:

Huh, is that common/expected to lose ~50% HP through tranny & driveshaft?  Do MotoGP racebikes do any better, or is that pretty much what happens to everybody?  How about cars?  Auto vs. manual transmission?  I don't really have any sense for how much you pay to go through various mechanical systems.

Afternoon  spacewrench

Depends, chain drive is more efficient than a hypoid final drive, a transverse mounted engine is more efficient at getting all it's power to the rear wheel as the drive torque doesn't have to go around a 90° angle, helical gear teeth in a  3 shaft transmission  also eat up a little power,   & one of the big possibilities is that most rear wheel horsepower is taken on a rolling drum inertia dyno & that data is difficult to compare to a direct driven engine dyno.  

It's difficult to get real world BMW motorcycle engine (only)  horsepower/torque through the operating range as the BMW 1150 is not a performance engine so who would go to all that bother on a stock BMW engine.

This isn't the answer your are looking for re: HP/Torque, etc...but thought you might like to see some data on the 1150 I saved from when I had mine....loved my 1150RT...even the whizzies...

BMW R1150RT.docx

You can use a gs-911 to measure on road acceleration and from that calculate torque and horsepower. My tests suggest that the 1150 delivers about what bmw claims.