IGNORED

Location and Reservations !

Whip

• chrisolson pinned and featured this topic
John Ranalletta

This is terrific, Whip.  Thank you!

While we're in, we have family commitments to meet that week as well (our kids live in NY & NJ).  Do you have a tentative schedule of events yet, e.g. group dinner?  If I missed it elsewhere, sorry.

Thanks again for the new board format and the team's work on the Unrally.

1 hour ago, 3Putt said:

Can 2 people, Joyce and myself, stay in a queen room for $122?  Or, do we need to bump up to the king x2 people at $156 a night? 

Thanks!

I think you will need to bump up to the $156/night but please call them. 

Just now, John Ranalletta said:

This is terrific, Whip.  Thank you!

While we're in, we have family commitments to meet that week as well (our kids live in NY & NJ).  Do you have a tentative schedule of events yet, e.g. group dinner?  If I missed it elsewhere, sorry.

Thanks again for the new board format and the team's work on the Unrally.

We will have some kind of group dinner Wednesday night. We are working on the details. 

ok so I just registered a room.  very nice lady. A little clueless, but she worked it out.  At least for me, she could not book an extra night.  I am coming in on Saturday evening, and she could not get the system to accept the 6th night.  so I  have one reservation for 5 nights and one for 1 night.  All is good.

13 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Just booked a king for 6/23 - 27.  All queens gone.  In

Ouch! 5 nights in a King will be over $900 with tax. With the 3 days each way for me I am...going to reconsider this one....

4 hours ago, realshelby said:

Ouch! 5 nights in a King will be over $900 with tax. With the 3 days each way for me I am...going to reconsider this one....

There are other options.

Sharing a cabin with your own room and bath? 

We may need to talk some of the people in single rooms to do what I asked in the other thread and get room mates so couples can stay in the single rooms. 

@DunhamsBay

As Whip noted, post a "need roommate"  I already have one so I am good to go.  I am sure there a lots of individual riders coming and could share one of those large cabins.  If we  work as a team I am sure we can make this work. 

Hi All, this is Andrew from Dunham's Bay Resort. A few points of clarification: 
1. Double Queen Rooms are Sold Out

2. There are still Queen Hotel Rooms Available

3. We have rolled out a Two Person Rate for the Two Bedroom Cabin at $98 per person to help better accommodate the group since the Double Queen Hotel Rooms went so fast.

I apologize if there was any confusion for the folks who've already booked, I was not in yesterday to give guidance to the rest of the team, but we're all on the same page now.

Any questions at all, please let me know or give us a call at the resort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, Whip said:

There are other options.

Sharing a cabin with your own room and bath? 

We may need to talk some of the people in single rooms to do what I asked in the other thread and get room mates so couples can stay in the single rooms. 

@DunhamsBay

I don't see them. Now I know I'm dense, but the charges are per person. I've seen hotels charge a little extra for extra people, but never double, triple, quadruple for the same room.
Am I not reading this right? Is it gonna be almost a THOUSAND dollars, just for the hotel (one king sized bed and I'm sure a very fine breakfast...) for the 2 of us?

I'm guessing it feels a little steep coming out of one household. Splitting with a buddy takes the sting out of it. Also, I think the Lake George area is a little on the uppity side which generally costs a bit more. Now, don't tell Dunham's but I plan on eating big at breakfast and stealing a Banana & Apple for my ride snack. ;) :grin:

11 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I'm guessing it feels a little steep coming out of one household. Splitting with a buddy takes the sting out of it. 

In my experience, a large majority of Un goers are in this boat.

28 minutes ago, 3Putt said:

What is the cancelation policy, by the way?  I had to pay $290 up front.  Not planning on canceling but things happen. 

This is what I got in my email confirmation.

Booked Rate: BMW Touring Group  
Cancellation Policy: First Two Nights of stay plus tax is taken as a deposit at Time of Reservation. 

Cancellations made between Time of Reservation and prior to 7 Days before arrival date will incur a $35 Cancellation Fee per room. 

Cancellations made less than 7 Days before arrival date will forfeit entire deposit.

Please note that a change in the length or dates and/or number of persons for your reservation may result in a rate change. 

Reservation subject to cancellation if credit card is declined for deposit at time of reservtaion.

6 hours ago, BeniciaRT_GT-GT said:

I don't see them. Now I know I'm dense, but the charges are per person. I've seen hotels charge a little extra for extra people, but never double, triple, quadruple for the same room.
Am I not reading this right? Is it gonna be almost a THOUSAND dollars, just for the hotel (one king sized bed and I'm sure a very fine breakfast...) for the 2 of us?

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 8.46.22 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hearthstone Point  

A bit more primitive but sometimes, that's all you need. And, if you're a strong swimmer you could be at Dunham's in no time. :classic_biggrin:

ya sure isn't this where filmed the crocodiles in upperstate NY..:14:

thanks for posting the closest ones... we'll see were it goes.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Is registration still open? Up until last week I thought I might be doing a 6-week tutoring gig at UNG's Summer Language Institute June 15-July 31, but I decided to withdraw my application. I'm waiting to hear back from Randy as to whether he or Andy have room for a second person in either of their rooms. Are there still UnRally rooms available at Dunham's Bay Resort?

• Like 1

Now to my other question: Is registration still open, and if so, where do I register? I'm not seeing a registration link in this thread, but that could just be me....

There's no real registration as in years past. Once you find accommodations your name goes on the IN list, that's about it. The less is more theory hard at work. :grin: The dinner cruise on Tuesday night is something you might want to get in on. :thumbsup:

**   Chris   **
On 5/1/2019 at 11:10 AM, TEWKS said:

There's no real registration as in years past. Once you find accommodations your name goes on the IN list, that's about it. The less is more theory hard at work. :grin: The dinner cruise on Tuesday night is something you might want to get in on. :thumbsup:

Is that to prevent people like me from having attend unofficially?  

• Like 1
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic