IGNORED

Moving to Roseville area

Mr. Mixer

Will be relocating to the Roseville-Rocklin area in a couple if months. I'd love to know more about the motorcycle resources in the area, and particularly a good BMW dealer or shop. Any information welcomed!

Not sure where you’re coming from, but gear up for year-round riding!  Well, considering the summer temperatures, “gear down” might be better.

congrats!

Danny caddyshack Noonan

A&S is a great dealer.  They're willing to sell you any motorcycle you might want.  Even in Roseville, depending upon which part, it might be quicker to use their online ordering.  Traffic can be a nightmare.

Riding: Turn east, turn north or south when you either hit snow or ice or, further away, desert.  You can always start north or south and then turn east.  Or, go west through the suck until you hit wine or the ocean.  

3 hrs to the Yosemite entrance.  1.5 hrs to Sonora pass and then a bunch of other options coming north.  Breakfast in South Shore, or Truckee on a weekend morning is one of my favorites.  South Shore: Getaway Cafe.  Truckee: SqueezeInn.

Be very careful riding around Tahoe during vacation season ready to grab the brakes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

ccbr.org and bmwnorcal.org are links to the two regional BMW clubs,multiple rides and events held by both groups.

Range of Light Gypsy Tour,Autumn Beemer Bash and 49er Rally are the main events of the year.

JR356

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't say where you were moving from.  I'm in Rocklin and find the year around motorcycling hard to beat.  The routes through the nearby mountains are wonderful when the snow melts.  The wine regions of Napa, and Sonoma to the west and Amador and El Dorado counties to the southeast offer 12 month a year riding.  There are so many nooks and crannies to explore that if you've not been here before, you could spend many years finding them.  Highway 36 to the coast is legendary, and Highway 299 from Redding is just as beautiful.  Also, +1 on A&S.  

Mr Mixer there are a number of us in the bay area. I'm over in Petaluma. Hit me up for a weekend ride (fast or slow, I love it all). I come out to Prairie City OHV near you with my kid sometimes.

A&S BMW is great. They've been really supportive of the community over the years.

Be sure to check out BARF - http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/

There's a norcal adventure moto group on Meetup that rides your area:  https://www.meetup.com/NorCalAdventureMoto/ 

And I run a sonoma county meetup here: https://www.meetup.com/Santa-Rosa-Moto-Riders/

• 7 months later...
On 2/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, JR356 said:

ccbr.org and bmwnorcal.org are links to the two regional BMW clubs,multiple rides and events held by both groups.

Range of Light Gypsy Tour,Autumn Beemer Bash and 49er Rally are the main events of the year.

JR356

Don’t forget River City Beemers.  They meet in Roseville every Saturday morning.  At Susie’a Cafe.  RCB.org

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 3:31 PM, Danny caddyshack Noonan said:

A&S is a great dealer.  They're willing to sell you any motorcycle you might want.  Even in Roseville, depending upon which part, it might be quicker to use their online ordering.  Traffic can be a nightmare.

Riding: Turn east, turn north or south when you either hit snow or ice or, further away, desert.  You can always start north or south and then turn east.  Or, go west through the suck until you hit wine or the ocean.  

3 hrs to the Yosemite entrance.  1.5 hrs to Sonora pass and then a bunch of other options coming north.  Breakfast in South Shore, or Truckee on a weekend morning is one of my favorites.  South Shore: Getaway Cafe.  Truckee: SqueezeInn.

Be very careful riding around Tahoe during vacation season ready to grab the brakes.

What?