IGNORED

R1200RT power outlet

VaR1200RT

What is the max amps the power outlets will supply on a 2012 RT?  Will it power heated gear?   I have looked in the riders manual and it does not mention what the max load is. Thanks

1 hour ago, VaR1200RT said:

What is the max amps the power outlets will supply on a 2012 RT?  Will it power heated gear?   I have looked in the riders manual and it does not mention what the max load is. Thanks

Afternoon VaR1200RT 

I don't have the specs on the 2012 but I don't believe it has changed from the 2010 & 2011RT. The spec was 10 amps (combined) so that was 10 amps for both outlets (10ft/0 rear amps  or 8ft/2 rear amps or 5ft/5 rear amps, etc)  so not much available for heated gear if both a rider & passenger.

It should easily power one heated jacket & possibly heated gloves or 2 heated vests.

Personally I usually convert the front outlet to battery direct fused 15 amp as that runs all I have ever put on it & that also allows using the front outlet to charge the battery without a special CanBus era charger.

If passenger wears a lot of heated gear then probably also convert the rear outlet to fused 15 amp battery direct.

Look around page 158 (give or take a few pages) in your riders manual under technical data, electrical as the specific outlet load data for YOUR bike should be around that area in the riders manual (it should say something like 10 amps 'combined'.

• 4 weeks later...