IGNORED

Whip’s Colorado

Whip

RandyShields

At least, they are on the road and not pooping and ripping up the grass on our greens in NC.  And don't get me going about homeowners who like to put statues of deer in their yard.  

• Like 1

Dang Whip... Great photos! Particularly like the second one. :thumbsup: 

Makes me wonder why I left the Colorado in 1973. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Larry, Looks great.  I have had a couple pretty good lunches at the cafe/gas stop at Taylor Lake.  Have you gone south toward Tincup and taken the turn up to the Alpine Tunnel? A must see for me a couple times. Not sure I would do it on a big GS however.  Dirt scoots for me especially at my age.  I could never pick up a big bike when I biffed. :dopeslap:

To come back on the Alpine Tunnel road, I have done that on my mountain bike as well as on my GS a few times. It is an old railroad grade be and in parts you can see the wooden railroad ties still there. It is not a hard core off road type road and very easy to ride. YMMV of course..

From what I understand there was a rockslide and it is closed for now...

Awesome photos Whip!!

• Like 1

Soldierstone is a very special place to me and other veterans.I'm really glad the Forest Service has chosen to not publicize its existence and let it get overrun by tourists. KennyH ,myself and a couple of friends found it in 2011.As you can see by the bullets,state quarters and other things left there its a very emotional place.I hope it remains that way.

Thanks for the reminder larry...

IMG_0301-XL.jpg

IMG_0297-XL.jpg

IMG_0304-XL.jpg

• Like 2
On 9/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, Whip said:

This is what happens when you let a flatlander drive your car in the mountains.

0616DBBB-51A2-4E02-AD56-4D0CF7663471.jpeg

That'll buff right out...

• 2 weeks later...