New Road Pilots etc.

BamaRider

Well, the RT is ready for the upcoming riding season.

New tires and 12k service that was actually 14k. The Road Pilots I had removed still had about 2k left, but the front was cupped badly. I stayed with the RP, I was impressed by their handling and excellent mileage.

Tires, mounting hit me for 325 and some change.

One of the low beam lamps blew out on the way to the dealer, add another 16 bucks for THAT.

The service came in for another 223 dollars.

There goes my tax refund.

I just replaced tires on my bike, but I bught them on line from Southwest Moto Tires, for $205 delivered. Bought a Harbor Freight tire changer for $85, oil filter for 15, and 5 quarts of Mobil 1 for about 25. $325 for tires, oil and did my own valve check, TB sync, etc. Saved about $450.

New tires and 12k service that was actually 14k. The Road Pilots I had removed still had about 2k left, but the front was cupped badly. I stayed with the RP, I was impressed by their handling and excellent mileage.

Dang... I've only got about 6k on mine, and the rear is 70% gone already. No way will I get 14k out of it. What pressure(s) have you been running?

My front is beginning to cup, too.

I can't remember the PSI, but it was what the book instructed. I get confused with the Honda, and have to look on the tire, when I check. I do know I keep an eye on the pressure.

I dunno why my tires return such good wear, I out do everybody on the Honda also.

The Road Pilots still had life, probably another 2k before things got dangerous, which would have brought me in over 15k.

I'm light in the saddle, I'm sure that has some effect.

I just replaced tires on my bike, but I bught them on line from Southwest Moto Tires, for $205 delivered. Bought a Harbor Freight tire changer for $85, oil filter for 15, and 5 quarts of Mobil 1 for about 25. $325 for tires, oil and did my own valve check, TB sync, etc. Saved about $450.

Doing it myself and my wife sez I get half of ALL savings!!!! thumbsup.gifclap.gif

.....Bought a Harbor Freight tire changer for $85....

Just curious, what do you do to balance them once they're mounted?

Actually, I pulled all the balance weights off to see what happened. No wobble up to 90 mph. If they did, I was going to buy a balancer to do it myself.

BTW, the Road Attacks stick like glue on wet roads. Much better than the Pilot Roads, now to see how long they last.

Dang... I've only got about 6k on mine, and the rear is 70% gone already. No way will I get 14k out of it. What pressure(s) have you been running?

My front is beginning to cup, too.

I've run both the Metzler Z6 and the Pilot Roads and typically get between 7k and 8k miles on a set (the Pilots were a bit better than the Z6s for mileage). Cupping has never been a problem. Maybe the difference in the mileage is due to the roughness of the road surface we ride on. Before the RT I rode an 1100R. Pilot Roads on that fun machine lasted 10k+ miles, and I rode it harder than I do the RT. I also have about four more psi in the tires on the RT than I carried in the R.

Archived