IGNORED

Long time friend Duane Wikenhauser passed away

gottago

I debated whether to post this since Duane wasn't an official member of the board.  A lot of you met him at a few BMWST functions like Torrey, and DVD.  He was one of Gary's oldest friends and motorcycle riding buddy since we came to the west coast.  Duane and Gar worked and rode together for 30 years, they were born on the same day, they used to be mistaken for each other on the job sites.  Duane had over 500,000 miles on BMWs and had just been to DVD the week before his accident.  Ironically his accident wasn't on a motorcycle it was on a bicycle.  As far as the police could tell his front tire caught in a slot of a cattle guard and pitched him over the handlebars.  His helmet was cracked in the middle.  His neck was broken.  He was a great friend and he leaves a huge hole in our hearts.

• Sad 2

So sorry to hear this.   The bicycle accident that took Duane's life again reinforces several things to me.  I must continue to live my life to the fullest, take reasonable risks to do the things I love to do, and keep reminding my family and friends just how much I love and enjoy being with them! 

Duane was a great guy, and indeed was living life to the fullest.  We were so sorry to hear of this, but glad you and Gar were able to help his wife and family so much.  

On 1/27/2019 at 5:21 PM, Endobobdds said:

So sorry to hear this.   The bicycle accident that took Duane's life again reinforces several things to me.  I must continue to live my life to the fullest, take reasonable risks to do the things I love to do, and keep reminding my family and friends just how much I love and enjoy being with them! 

Endobobdds, we can all learn from this.  The morning of the accident Linda said she was going to run to the store.  Duane said he guessed he'd go for a bike ride.  Neither knew it would be the last time they would talk to each other.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and remember to hold your loved ones a little tighter.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear the sad news about your friend. Sounds like he was one of the good ones. Hard to find.

Reminder to us all: If you love someone, never miss a chance to tell them.