Sign in to follow this  
Whip

I may buy a watch.

Whip

Twisties

I liked them both.  Gillette to me asks that good men stand up when they see bad.  This to me describes some of the burden of being men in today's world.  They both make important and valid points.

• Like 1

Whip

We should post the Gillet video? I have not seen it. 

tallman

"Gillette to me asks that good men stand up when they see bad"

and there's the rub.

Yes we all know "bad", or do we?

We all know appropriate "stand up"ness. correct?

Like the 6th Sense, "I see bad everywhere".

Certainly good is all around, but do I interject myself literally, vicariously through "channels", via Socail MEdia?

Plenty of times I've constrained myself, because I've worked too long and hard to be sued for doing the right thing and winning,

because it can expensive to stand up in today's world.

ROI

Twisties

I can assure you that SLAPP suits work and continue to work even after the defendant wins.  Getting sued is stressful and expensive and the first thing your lawyer will tell you is not to say anything on public media/forums.  So while defendants sit there silent, plaintiff is free to spread poison.

When defendants prevail, they really still can't talk because there is nothing to stop plaintiff from more filings... and the poison continues.  Even with anti-SLAPP provisions, the law favors those with deep pockets that don't mind spending a few dollars to win a PR war.  

longjohn
6 hours ago, Twisties said:

I can assure you that SLAPP suits work and continue to work even after the defendant wins.  Getting sued is stressful and expensive and the first thing your lawyer will tell you is not to say anything on public media/forums.  So while defendants sit there silent, plaintiff is free to spread poison.

When defendants prevail, they really still can't talk because there is nothing to stop plaintiff from more filings... and the poison continues.  Even with anti-SLAPP provisions, the law favors those with deep pockets that don't mind spending a few dollars to win a PR war.  

Haha, yep!  In the discovery phase of my dispute, the opposing attorney wanted all my email addys and forum/social media passwords :grin:.  It went to mediation before that occurred.