IGNORED

Member Search

tallman

Sorry, but still can't seem to get this.

I want to read a list of members, alphabetical.

So I can look for someone.

And so I can look for someone that I remember partial board name (or think I do).

Right now, it is just a page of jumbled names, not alphabetical, with no way to look in the "X" names, or whatever.

Perhaps there is, but I'm not finding it.

Thanks.

LOL ... no problem ... I couldn't even find the "Member tab" on the search panel for a long time !

There is no way to get an alphabetical list from the built in search  ...

Is it not possible to narrow down by any of the other filters or by something else in the custom "Search Term"  box across the top ?  I just tried Tucson as a location and it found me and a bunch others

memberSearch.thumb.PNG.f237234795aabb6da369e7c8886be4ee.PNG

1 hour ago, tallman said:

partial board name (or think I do).

Might try putting  that in the Search Term ...

I've noticed there are two input boxes for location .  The first one finds data that is exclusive to this new software.  The one at the bottom looks at the imported data from ubb.threads.  So unless you are looking for someone new, use the "location" at the bottom of the list.

If you do a member search as shown by Chris above (advanced search, click the Member Search tab) you will get a complete member list sorted by board name, just as on the old board.  The old board did not have real names, so although the new software can support real name searches, our database is not populated with that data.  You can change the sort order after the search is complete.  Here is an additional screen shot:

member.thumb.png.e44401cb4451124ac8a00f6339b885ae.png